Skip to main content
Topic: Trouble in Atlanta (Read 857 times) previous topic - next topic

Trouble in Atlanta

I believe when it rains it pours.  We arrived Monday was a week ago in Meniola Tx. For GV
That night my wife had a massive heart attack.  Got her to hospital in Tyler (rated #1 heart hospital in Texas) where they put in stint.  She is doing good do Monday we were leaving for South Central rally in Savannah.  Trying to get on 285 off I 20 were rearended by 18 wheeler.  Totaled our toad.  But we are ok and coach is repairable.
Jerry & Nanci
1999 U270 34'WTFI
2011 Malibu
A smart man knows what to say, a wise man knows when to say it.

Re: Trouble in Atlanta

Reply #1
Glad to hear your wife is doing well.  Too many women are misdiagnosed, yours wasn't.

You're gonna need a new ladder.

1992 Foretravel Grand Villa
U225 SBID Build No. 4134
1986 Rockwood Driftwood
1968 S.I.A.T.A. Spring
1962 Studebaker Lark
1986 Honda VF700C
1983 Honda VF750C
Charlie, the Dog was broken out of jail 24 Oct 2023
N1RPN
AA1OH (H)e who must be obeyed.

Reply #2
Ain't many things scarier than to find out how close your life partner came to dying.
Just went thru same thing with my DW--three stents in two days but they did correct her condition before she would have had a massive heart attack.
Nitehawk,  Demolition Lady, & our NEW master, Zippy the speeding BB cat.
1989 Grand Villa 36' ORED
Oshkosh chassis, 8.2 DD V8
2006 Saturn Vue AWD

Reply #3
Glad to hear she is going to be ok,
The rest is replaceable.
Frank & Daisy
NO LONGER  "looking for the perfect Foretravel
36' or less non slide preferred."  She has been found and is ours.
2003 U320 36' non slide  Unit 6103
Cummins ISM 450
Allison 4000MH

Reply #4
Glad you wife is ok. All the rest can be fixed, but it sure does look bad.
Bruce, Linda, and Macy
Zoey RIP 1/20/19
1999 U295 40' build #5400
2017 silver Jeep Wrangler, 1260 watts of solar on top
Moving around the country

Reply #5
Wow...... just wow!
Sounds like everybody got lucky.

Reply #6
We are blessed.  She is ok, and the rest is replaceable.  I have to say it is scary having this happen away from home, and not being familiar with the hospital.
I told Nanci I think alot of people meet their cardiologist in the ER.
Jerry & Nanci
1999 U270 34'WTFI
2011 Malibu

Reply #7
And when you look at the caregivers, nurses and doctors, sometimes it seems like one can see their halos hovering above them. Angels in disguise, and if you think about them it will bring tears to your eyes because of the loving care your spouse received.
Nitehawk,  Demolition Lady, & our NEW master, Zippy the speeding BB cat.
1989 Grand Villa 36' ORED
Oshkosh chassis, 8.2 DD V8
2006 Saturn Vue AWD

Reply #8
Jerry, what on earth next.... :o  ....did you two make it to the rally? I was so very glad to see you both at G'vention, Nanci up & looking great after that harrowing experience, and what an amazing & good thing we were so close to Tyler....you did the right thing getting her there yourself....sending y'all hugs and continued prayers, and hopefully safer travels from here on out....
1997 U270 36' build #5128
Motorcade #17307
2014 Honda CRV, 2002 Ford Explorer XLT

~The trouble with trouble is it starts out as fun.

Reply #9
Wow first I hope your wife is feeling better and second this is the second ft I know of being rearended leaving a motorcade function this fall. Both of you were lucky t have retold behind your or the coaches would be totaled.
2015 Born Free Royal Splendor on Ford 550 nonslide version
Former Coaches  covering. 360,000 miles
1999 34 U270
2000 36 U320
2001 42' double slide U320
2018 Jeep Rubicon

Reply #10
Wonderful to hear that your DW is doing well.  Went through that with mine in '17 with open heart.  Wishing you both the best and glad all turn out that you both are safe!
Joe & Dottie Allen
Sold!  December 2023.      2000 U320; build # 5645
Our coach " Maxine"
Motorcade #  15922;  Escapee 150950; FMCA F330833; Boondockers Welcome;  Harvest Hosts;  Thousand Trails
'98 U320 from 2000-'06
USAF '62-'66

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." ―Epicurus

Reply #11
Glad you are both ok- stuff is just stuff and can be replaced/repaired.

It is getting scary out there on the road with all the traffic and crazy drivers out there.  Big cities and Interstates seem to be the worst- everyone is in a hurry to get somewhere while playing with their phone, eating, putting on make up, etc.  Defensive driving is a must but no guarantee.    Be safe out there everyone.              ^.^d
Ted & Karen
2001 U270 36' - sold after 12 years full timing

Reply #12
Dani,
Thank you for the prayers.  It was great to see you at the GV.  Hope to see you again soon.
Jerry & Nanci
1999 U270 34'WTFI
2011 Malibu

Reply #13
Glad your wife is doing great.  The rest can be replaced.  Count your blessings.  We will keep you in our prayers.  🙏
Carmen and John
John & Carm Morales

"We travel not to go anywhere, but to just go.  We travel for travel's sake.  Our great desire is to move."