Skip to main content

Topic: final solar upgrad. (Read 648 times) previous topic - next topic

final solar upgrad.
I skipped the 1740 watt upgrade and went straight to 2030 watt. It made sense as I would have to run wires and drill an access hole anyway. Thanks to Roger for selling me his 150/70 Victron and dongle .With his leading me the way on the first...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: final solar upgrad.
Reply #1
Last 2 pics, controllers.

• hdff
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
😳. Holy crap!!!  Looks nice!!,!

One question, do you have to get on the roof to angle them every time you move??

Reply #3
😳. Holy crap!!!  Looks nice!!,!

One question, do you have to get on the roof to angle them every time you move??
I only angled them to work on them. I have no intention of angling them to...

• kenhat
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Do the controllers communicate with each other or are they just hooked in parallel to each other?

see ya
ken 

Reply #5
Do the controllers communicate with each other or are they just hooked in parallel to each other?

see ya
ken
They are just hooked in parallel. Talked to Justin at Bay Marine and he said an update...

• jcus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
They are just hooked in parallel. Talked to Justin at Bay Marine and he said an update is a couple of months away that will simplify the 2 controllers, Not sure how this firmware update will...

• kenhat
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Do you have a way to monitor the 2 controllers to see what they are outputting? I'd be a little worried that one controller would see the output of the other and go to absorption or float before it should. Keep us updated on how it works out.

You...

Reply #8
If you are using the bluetooth app on a cell or wifi tablet, it will inform you when you open app and download new firmware to controller automatically, otherwise a physical connection to laptop...

• jcus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
I have the app on 2 phones for the controllers. Received 2 firmware updates in the last 2 days. I can watch one controller on one phone and the other on the second phone.
I have 5 different...

Reply #10
I have 5 different devices, would be nice to open them all on one screen though instead of one at a time.
I'll be dealing with another Victon bluetooth when I return from Phoenix, I see your point...

• jcus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
Do you have a way to monitor the 2 controllers to see what they are outputting? I'd be a little worried that one controller would see the output of the other and go to absorption or float before...

Reply #12

Reply #13
Looks great Chuck,   You might want to look at the Color Control GX. 

Reply #14
Looks great Chuck,  You might want to look at the Color Control GX.
A little pricey, will check with Bay Marine and see if the VE Net Blue Power Controller will do the same. I...

Reply #15
These recently reported monster solar installs are giving me PV Envy.   :'(

(Notice I said "PV" envy - not "Pee Pee" envy)

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
24/24-17 - Google Search(400W)&rlz=1C1ASUC_enUS665US665&ei=JZm5XeP9Ko3Y-wT-y6XgDg&start=10&sa=N&ved=0ahUKEwijpN6IlMTlAhUN7J4KHf5lCewQ8NMDCLoB&biw=1280&bih=580

looks like a new alternator charge controller for lithium/lead acid.. might need to look...

Reply #17
2030 watts on the roof should generate about 5Kw per day on average.  Maybe half of that in the dead of winter, maybe twice that on a good summer day.  Solar power either gets used in real time or stored.  Once your storage capacity is reached...

Reply #18
Batteries are my weak link right now. The Lifeline 8D agm's are 6 years old and lithium is out of my budget because of all the equipment needed to not ruin them. I keep watching installations like David's with lower cost batteries and maybe the...

Reply #19
I have 5 different devices, would be nice to open them all on one screen though instead of one at a time.

I have batteries, two inverters, solar charge control, two BMVs and landline that all...

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #20
Synchronizing multiple MPPT 150/70 charge controllers | Victron Energy

For those wondering if you connect 2 controllers.. the controller will work the sync out.. by using it algorithm

Reply #21
I'll be calling Bay Marine as my firmware is only 1.43 and it needs to be 2.00 I have auto updates set and maybe bluetooth won't get the job done.

Reply #22
Synchronizing multiple MPPT 150/70 charge controllers | Victron Energy

For those wondering if you connect 2 controllers.. the controller will work the sync out.. by using it algorithm
I just...

Reply #23
FYI, all, the posted link was from 2013 and only applies to BlueSolar VE.Can MPPTs; if you happen to have VE.Can controllers on a CANBus network, you can still use these instructions, but after Victron moved to the SmartSolar and VE.Direct...

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
I have 2 controllers and have never had an issue with them not working together.