Skip to main content
Topic: Newbie Dock Light Question - How do I turn them off. (Read 629 times) previous topic - next topic

Newbie Dock Light Question - How do I turn them off.

Newbie here just picked up the new to us 1997 U320 and have a dumb question.  Both the left and right dock lights come on when I turn on the coach power.  Both of the dock light switches are off.  How do I turn off the dock lights?
40ft 1997 U320

Re: Newbie Dock Light Question - How do I turn them off.

Reply #1
When you say both switches are off, you mean the left and right switches in the cockpit?  If so then see if there is another switch over the bed that lights all four dock lights when turned on.

Reply #2
Go to the bedroom and look up where the clock is over the bed. There you will find a switch for the dock lights (aka "scare liights"). Turn the lights off and problem sloved. If that doesn't do I'm at a loss.
Jon Ohman
2001 U320 36'
Build #5809

Reply #3
Thanks Jon and T-Man.  When I said both switches, I was referring to the left and right in the cockpit.  The bedroom switch was on.  I would have never found that.  Thank you so much for the prompt reply.
40ft 1997 U320

Reply #4
I found mine by accident shortly after getting the coach. Laying in bed and saw all these switches. Didn't put the glasses on to read the tags. Hum, the first ones were for the generator I see. The next turned on the lights by the bed. Took 2 days before I realized the dock lights were on. I had only gone out in the daylight and hadn't noticed them. I thought the  switch was disconnected or something was burned out and I could figure it out later.
Over the past 4 1/2 yrs, I've found lots of switches and buttons which needed chased down. The latest was a couple of months ago when members here enlightened' me to the fact that I had telescope in my steering column. Thanks again everyone!!!!!!!!

Larry
Larry Warren
1996  U320 36' SBID "Lola"
Build #4970
Motorcade #18318

Reply #5
When we purchased our coach the PO mentioned, I don't know what that switch does a couple times, maybe more ( owned it 7 years).    I know what they all do ( 5 years ),,just don't ask about all the relays, switches, triggers and " stuff " behind the scenes. 

Just beginning to figure that stuff out..
Robert and Susan Moe Sr.
 1995 36' 280 WTBI 8.3 3060r
 1200 watts on the roof, 720 Ah of lithium's
 Build # 4637. Motorcade # 17599
        FMCA  # 451505
        18  Wrangler JLUR