Skip to main content
Topic: Nacogdoches Motorhome Service (Read 876 times) previous topic - next topic

Nacogdoches Motorhome Service

We arrived yesterday shortly after lunch for our appointment for today. Bruce had the day off, but the other three immediately got started on our coach. The FIRST thing done, though, was a printed checklist of what work needed to be done and an estimate of how long each item would take. I've NEVER seen that anywhere before! Since the original plan was for us to arrive yesterday and the work to begin today, everyone was hopeful that we would be gone early afternoon today. That didn't happen, mainly because poor Bruce, the parts man, spent much of the day chasing down various fluids and filters.

The biggest part of the job was replacing all eight shock absorbers. As you know, each shock has two large bolts holding it in place, one at the top and one at the bottom. The bottom one was usually pretty easy to get to, but the top one sometimes presented challenges that required some creative thinking. Of course, each nut also required quite a bit of WD-40 before even thinking about coming loose.

As jobs either finished or were waiting on something else, Seth checked every lug nut and all of the hubs and brakes. Two of the lug nuts were not quite positioned to allow the plastic decorative caps to attach. He tweaked them and installed the caps.

David had to divide his time between working on our coach, office duties, and talking to other customers. He made sure to keep me up on what was happening.

At their suggestion, one job I had on my list was not done. I've noticed a drop or two of coolant at one of the "rubber" elbows and wondered if those needed to be replaced. Bruce tried to track replacements down, but to no avail. After much consultation it was decided that either I should schedule a couple of days to stay there while they remove all of those elbows and hoses, take them around to the various parts houses, and try to find replacements for all of them OR I could just keep an eye on things and deal with something failing when it happens. Jo Ann suggested that we take the latter course for now, and they agreed that that was probably the best way.

Overall I was VERY pleased with the way things went. We'll be back!

Re: Nacogdoches Motorhome Service

Reply #1
Forgot to mention that they have a special for November and December of 10% off on lube and oil changes.

Reply #2
Forgot to mention that they have a special for November and December of 10% off on lube and oil changes.
Did they also provide the Motorcade 10% discount on top of that?
Oscar & Janet Valent
2023 Coach House 261XLQD
Former 2004 U320 3820 PBBS
Former 2007 Newell Coach #815
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit

Reply #3
Did they also provide the Motorcade 10% discount on top of that?
Don't know about the discount, but their hourly rate is lower than FOT or MOT. They did excellent work on my coach also.
Jim C.
coachfree, previous 1997, 1999, 2000, and 2003 Foretravels.

Reply #4
After seeing their hourly rate I didn't even ask. Their rate is $100/hour, which is quite a bit less than FOT or MOT charge with the discount.

Reply #5
RE: Two of the lug nuts were not quite positioned to allow the plastic decorative caps to attach. He tweaked them and installed the caps. 

Round a bottom corner of each plastic lug nut cover  to fit the cover to the nut, not move the nut to fit the cover.