Skip to main content
Topic: Interested in buying a Foretravel- need some advice (Read 2134 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Interested in buying a Foretravel- need some advice

Reply #50
Previous post makes lots of sense, realistically the Foretravel was built for two, with two forward facing seats, as Michelle pointed out your kids seats must be forward facing which would involve modifications which may not be department of transport approved seating unless installed by Foretravel at the factory.
Sleeping arrangements etc, reselling,  seriously suggest buying a trailer or 5th wheel with the set up you need, which is kid friendly and safe.
Then do the trip dreaming about the Foretravel you could have had.
David & Emma Roche
Dino (Golden Doodle)
1999 U270 WTFE 36' Build # 5534
Xtreme "Lights, Stripes & Roof"
Motorcade# 18321
Dayton, Ohio
Towd: Jeep Grand Cherokee
Two Townie Electra Bikes

Life is made to enjoy, the Foretravel helps!

Reply #51
What Ted said + how much can you fix yourself?  :D

More now than at first Scott- but I also have learned more about the systems so I can get them maintained properly.      ^.^d
Ted & Karen
2001 U270 36' - sold after 12 years full timing

Reply #52
We bought our 2001 U270 40' from MOT three years ago.  Researched the maintenance records and preformed an inspection.  It had very adequate care and was a solid coach with nice updates including the flooring, television and headlights. Coach had over 108,000 miles showing.  We have run that milage to 122,000.  We have replaced the starting batteries and the refrigerator removed the hydraulic cooling fan to have it's hydraulic motor rebuilt.  Cleaned the electrical connectors in the engine compartment and replaced the starter solenoid.  We are just completing our oil change, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter changes on both the drive engine and the generator.  We have replaced the belts and the airconditioner compressor.  We travel to Hot Springs, AR,  Gulf Shores, AL, Galveston, Fredericksburg and Big Bend Park in Texas.  Our toad is a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited.  We plan to replace the house batteries next spring and the tires in about 18 months.  We love the Fortravel.  Great to drive with a very comfortable ride.  We do not have slides.  I did not want slides to maintain.  We are very comfortable when living in the coach.  I hope this hleps you make your decision.  Have some one with MH experience make a prebuy inspection.  Good Luck

Reply #53
I gave advise the man wasn't asking for concerning finance.. That's a personal choice that I should keep my opinion to myself except for my kids of which I have none.. To the op.. I enjoy the search for one to an extent and maybe you can as well. When you find it go have a large time for that's the joy in a toy..  Good hunting... Dub
Dub McBride 1996 270