Skip to main content

Topic: Another Newbie question...where is the aqua hot (Read 229 times) previous topic - next topic

Another Newbie question...where is the aqua hot
Just purchased the coach and aqua hot puts out quite a lot of smoke.  Based on what I have read in other posts, I think the burner nozzle needs to be replaced....or a general service, but I am not sure where to locate the aqua hot.  It is behind...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Another Newbie question...where is the aqua hot
Reply #1
If anywhere the area (SE side of Houston), worth a trip there.  Rudy is THE MAN on Aqua hot systems.

Reply #2
Just purchased the coach and aqua hot puts out quite a lot of smoke.  Based on what I have read in other posts, I think the burner nozzle needs to be replaced....or a general service, but I...

Reply #3
On my 1999 36' U320 the aquahot is in the basement at the middle of the coach  between the battery/fuel tank on drivers side and propane/fuel tank on passenger side.  The access is from the basement compartment just behind that.  There is a...

Reply #4
If you watch it done you could probably do it DIY the second time. There are some things you can't find on the forum about servicing one.
Definitely agree.  Nothing like being able to see it...

Reply #5
On my 1999 36' U320 the aquahot is in the basement at the middle of the coach  between the battery/fuel tank on drivers side and propane/fuel tank on passenger side.  The access is from the...

Reply #6
Call Rudy, he can talk you thru it.  713 eight one 8-3234

Reply #7
Thanks.  I will take a look there.  Coach is in storage, so do not have ready access tonight.  In the interim, will order a nozzle.  Seems like all burners use the same nozzle.

Roll the joey...

• Yetch
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
Rudy can walk you through the repair on the phone, and supply parts needed.  He fixed me right up!
Mike

• GleamB
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
You'll want more than just the nozzle. Change the fuel filter. Go to You Tube and type in Aqua Hot service. I watched it twice.... then had Rudy walk me through it
He is DEFINATELY the MAN!

Reply #10
There are a few cautions that you need to be aware of.  Rudy will tell you or a youtube might.  Things I have learned:

1) when you put the burner back after replacing the nozzle, be very careful to be sure you don't catch the wires between the...

Reply #11
Add to Steve's list, pull out the combustion chamber and wire brush the inside where it goes. Sometimes lots of carbon especially if it has been smoking. Careful to back up the nut where the nozzle goes, very expensive part.

• rbark
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
Don't forget to check the electrodes for proper gap.

Reply #13
You can also you tube "aqua hot maintenance" and watch the movies!