Skip to main content
Topic: Need Source for Screen Channel Extrusions (Read 669 times) previous topic - next topic

Need Source for Screen Channel Extrusions

I have a 1995 Foretravel U320 with single-pane windows and I'm looking for the plastic channels that fit in the window channels to hold the screens. I have checked with Foretravel and they have nothing, and I've searched here for all previous posts on this subject and have tried all suggested sources and have found nothing. The channel appears to be extruded plastic and is in the shape of a lower-case h and is about ½ inch tall and the channel is about ¼ inch wide and appears to come in 48 inch lengths. The attached photos are the best I can provide. I have been unable to find any source for these channels and really hope someone can provide a source. I'm sure the ultimate answer is to upgrade to new double-pane windows, but that time isn't yet here. Thanks for any suggestions!
David and Carolyn Osborn
1995 U320C SE 40' Build 4726 Feb 1995
FMCA 147762
Motorcade 17186

Re: Need Source for Screen Cchannel Extrusions

Reply #1
You need to take a look at the CR Laurence catalog.  Any glass company will have it.  Also online at C.R. Laurence Co., Inc.

http://www.crlaurence.com/crlapps/showline/offerpage.aspx?Productid=6271&GroupID=3326&History=39325:3193:3318&ModelID=3326     
Numerous sizes, but all the plastic liners come with an aluminum extrusion.......

If it exists they will most likely have it.  You'll probably need to get the part number and have a local glass shop order it.  I had an account with them years back, at that time they were wholesale only.
"Not so  long ago we were a nation of risk takers, riding five million pounds of  thrust straight into space."  Joe Gresh
Chuck Pearson
1996 U295
2018 Can Am X3 TurboRS

Reply #2
Hold the bus.  This looks close.....

Knape and Vogt KV P2417 TAN 48 Plastic Upper Guide and Lower Track Set for...

Should be simple to  modify with table saw and ATB blade.

Guess this means I need to get outside and back on the decal removal/wet sanding process. 
"Not so  long ago we were a nation of risk takers, riding five million pounds of  thrust straight into space."  Joe Gresh
Chuck Pearson
1996 U295
2018 Can Am X3 TurboRS

Reply #3
these look very similar..

http://www.parkin-acc.com/page54.html

Hans
Hans & Marjet
1995 U300 "Ben" (#4719)
3176B Cat,4060HD,Jake
SKP#139131