Skip to main content

Topic: Using Bleach Cleaning Products and Grey/Black Holding Tanks (Read 440 times) previous topic - next topic

Using Bleach Cleaning Products and Grey/Black Holding Tanks
I've read the Forum's 60+ responses for search using bleach and cleaning. Seen various comments about using "Soft Scrub" with bleach for cleaning countertops, showers, and various other areas. Have also read comments about not getting bleach...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Using Bleach Cleaning Products and Grey/Black Holding Tanks
Reply #1
I use a real simple product on all that stuff. Little hesitant to use an abrasive product like soft scrub. I use Scrubbing Bubbles Bathroom Grime Fighter. An SC Johnson product. Works great. Smells nice, cleans great. You can find it almost...

Reply #2
Awesome. I use it to clean anything that Dawn won't. It smells powerful enough that I can't believe it's made in Cali.

I was immediately attracted to Awesome when I read that if would get rid of bloodstains.
  • Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 08:10:14 pm by Travelin' Man

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Ive used the geo method for a few years,, works great ^.^d ... this motorhome, thelast one and the 5th wheel before that.. never had an issue and you wont get the smell

• pugmom
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Good old borax, warm water to dissolve and no smell. Have used it in three rv's. One which over a hot Texas summer began smelling to high heavens. Nothing cut the smell. Then I was told about the borax, started with a half cup to a gallon of...

Reply #5
What do you use to clean the coach sinks, countertops, toilets, and showers?

We use a 50/50% solution of Dawn and vinegar in a spray bottle.

Pamela

• Moby
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
Simple green on hard surfaces, laundry soap in the black tank.

• Pyolet
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #7
In the black and gray tanks been using "Happy Campers" for the last full timing year, and all I can say is, it works.  One tub lasts over a year.  Get it on Amazon.

On all corian surfaces, Clorox disinfecting wipes.  In toilet bowl and shower,...

Reply #8
Been using for more than 10 years.  Happy Camper gets rid of odors, not cover up with perfume smell.  First used when toilet bowl seal started to leak, till we got home.  Saved my marriage.

Happy Campers Organic RV Holding Tank Treatment - 64...

• Keith and Joyce
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
As we are big tea drinkers stains are ever present on the Corian countertops.  We use Clorox Cleanup on everything.  It contains bleach so keep off fabrics.  Keeps them white.

Keith

Reply #10
In 40 years of RVing we have never put anything in the black tank except pee and poop and an occasional valve lubricant(like every 5 years) and nothing in the gray tank except wast water(carefully avoiding any garbage going down the drain.

Reply #11
Thanks to all that have replied. We appreciate all the responses as we read other forums and see "YouTube" videos. Just want the straight scoop.

Reply #12
In 40 years of RVing we have never put anything in the black tank except pee and poop and an occasional valve lubricant(like every 5 years) and nothing in the gray tank except wast...