Skip to main content

Topic: Aquahot Service Tip (Read 181 times) previous topic - next topic

Aquahot Service Tip
In the little over a year that I've owned our Foretravel, I've had the Aquahot burner assembly out three times (new nozzle, new fuel solenoid, new fuel pump).

With the Aquahot access panel in the small passthrough bay, installing the assembly is...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Aquahot Service Tip
Reply #1
On the note of making the process easier, I went out to wally world and purchase a thick quilted blanket in the auto section.  I use it to lay on and drape over the rail of the pull out drawer.  Helps my back and arms while reaching in to the cave!

Reply #2
I have a couple roll-up foam camping pads I lay on.  One of them is rolled up to support my chest up a bit to relieve the pressure on my bad back the other I lay on.
I'll have to remember the Allen wrench trick, nice!. 

Reply #3
Susan got me a set of these 3/8" thick interlocking foam mats. Six pieces fit together in many ways.  The surface is smooth enought to make it easy to slide around on.  They sure make crawling into the bay to do an AH service or anything else in...

Reply #4
I added electrical disconnects on the thermostat wires and the wire that goes to the bay thermostat. Used a 4 prong for the thermostats and a single for the rear wire. Thinking next service fuel line disconnects.

Reply #5
I added electrical disconnects on the thermostat wires and the wire that goes to the bay thermostat. Used a 4 prong for the thermostats and a single for the rear wire. Thinking next service...

Reply #6
Great idea, can you share photos?
I'll try to find them I posted when I added the electrical.

Found them

Aqua Hot plug addition