Skip to main content

Topic: Headlights  (Read 807 times) previous topic - next topic

Headlights
I just purchased a 1999 u270 . I'm wondering why some have round headlights while others have rectangular headlights

Re: Headlights
Reply #1
The round lights were done after. Coach was built. James Stallings at Xtreme figured out how to do it and it not only looks better you get better visibility at night as well.

Reply #2
I just purchased a 1999 u270 . I'm wondering why some have round headlights while others have rectangular headlights
Owner's update their coaches from time to time.  The new headlight...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Reply #3
The original headlights on my 1998 U270 are a total disaster. How FT got around a NTSB recall is a question I ask every time I have to use the headlights. And I refuse to upgrade a clear safety issue on my dime.

Reply #4
It is a matter of individual safety. If replacing bulbs and newer ones would provide better vision, why not? If driving a car made before 1968 seat belt mandatory, and you are carrying your grandchild, why not? Manufacture met standards...

• AC7880
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
The original headlights on my 1998 U270 are a total disaster. How FT got around a NTSB recall is a question I ask every time I have to use the headlights. And I refuse to upgrade a clear...

Reply #6
A headlight mod can look nice and certainly improves night driving if you have to do it. We rarely drive at night but if we do we are really glad we did the mod.  We drove through KC at night in the winter one year heading south.  Got the...

• Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 11:33:33 am by Roger & Susan in Home2

Reply #7
Is there a site you can go on to see all these new options that are available how do you know what's a available at the factory for remodelling like this new headlight style

Reply #8
Is there a site you can go on to see all these new options that are available

Ummm....  you're on it  ;)   Just read through the Renovations board.

Reply #9
New to this site still trying to navigate around it thanks I'll learn

Reply #10
New to this site still trying to navigate around it thanks I'll learn
Welcome to the site and congratulations on your Foretravel. Most of us on here learned our coaches by reading this...

Reply #11
Thank I think I'll in joy this forums all ready talk to people back and forth

• hdff
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
Thank I think I'll in joy this forums all ready talk to people back and forth
If that is your coach in your avatar you have a head light upgrade already

Reply #13
SORRY. I forgot that FT is perfect. Thats why so many of us have had to do bulkhead repairs. I am only trying to point out a deficient that I would have liked to know prior to buying my 1998 FT. I probably would have done the upgraded lights like...

• AC7880
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
Is there a site you can go on to see all these new options that are available how do you know what's a available at the factory for remodelling like this new headlight style

You can see...

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #15
Driving my coach home I was driving in the dark and in low beam I could hardly see, so now I have led bulbs in, the same thing I
did with my Dynasty which had the same Bronco  head lights. I haven't driven the coach at night but in the Dynasty...

Reply #16
So if it just a matter for replacing the Bronco style bulbs with LED bulbs when they burn out, why would you not do it? It's still on your dime then. Correct?

Reply #17
Driving my coach home I was driving in the dark and in low beam I could hardly see, so now I have led bulbs in, the same thing I
did with my Dynasty which had the same Bronco  head lights. I...

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #18
The old Foretravel headlights are just one of those things. You can upgrade for several Gs or just not drive at night. I choose the latter.
jor

Reply #19
Or... you can do as my PO did and put in after market LED headlights that rock and don't cost what the extreme headlight conversion costs.. to each his own I guess. But imo having a coach that I can't drive at night is not something I would want....

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #20
Agree the headlights are bad, but they were using lights that millions of pickup trucks were using, try polishing the lenses and using
better bulbs or just don't drive at night, and let's face it our sight is not the same as in the 90's,to not try...

• Texhub
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #21
J.W. Speaker is a company that has a tremendous listing of lights, lights with mounts. Summit is a seller of their listings. Give it a look for ideas. Also Finditparts.com has listings for headlight assemblies and bulbs. To give the DIY among us...

Reply #22
LED bulbs were a HUGE improvement on our GV  HUGE..
 And I get flashed way more often in the 18 wrangler with LEDs than the coach ( once ) so apparently the coach headlight upgrade is not offensive to oncoming traffic.

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #23
The least expensive way would to upgrade to Bob and Julie's lights and just leave the old ones alone, all you would have to do is cut 2 holes and buy the lights and wire them in.

Reply #24
Unlike the older Unicoaches with Ford Bronco headlights, my 2003 came with Chevy Silverado headlights, mounted much higher.  I found them to be decent enough but later changed the bulbs to HID, and WOW!!!.  A lot of bang for the buck.  I would...