Skip to main content
Topic: 2008 Nimbus 342 docking lights (Read 483 times) previous topic - next topic

2008 Nimbus 342 docking lights

Just purchased this coach and I need to replace a couple of the docking lights according to the dealer where can I get a replacement. Where is the switch also Need to make sure it is not a power problem.
Thanks for your help new to this experience.

Re: 2008 Nimbus 342 docking lights

Reply #1
My coach is a few years older than yours :) but mine are on the left hand side of the dash. One for drivers side one for passenger side. I'm sure yours are on the dash somewhere. You would want to reach them from the drivers seat.

see ya
ken
The selected media item is not currently available.ken & dori hathaway & Big Agnes
🍺1992 U300 GrandVilla WTBI #4150 FOT FBP 2011
✨6V-92TA DDEC Parlor Coach 350HP Series 92
🏁2011 Nissan XTerra Pro-4X

Reply #2
You should have docking light relays hid in the dash that handle the load rather than the dash switches.  If the lights are out on one side check the relay for that side if your switch is good.

Mike
Pamela & Mike 97 U 320

"It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters."

Reply #3
Also check the wires at the lights themselves. One of mine stopped working and I found a broken wire. A few minutes of surgery and all is well.

Reply #4
When we purchased our 2008, all 4 of the docking lights were not working.  The dealer replaced all of them but one side (2 lights) were still not working.  After a bit of searching, figured out that the breaker switch needed to be replaced.  (If they are working properly, the breaker switch will reset itself.)  The breaker switch is located under the dash...passenger side.  It's velcro'ed in place.  Pull forward at the bottom to pull the cover panel loose.  My husband thinks it is switch # 49.

The switch to turn the docking lights on is located to the left of the driver's seat...in the same group of switches which includes your retarder.  On ours, it's the very bottom row, the button is the one furthest from the driver.  There are 3 buttons in that row.  The button has an icon on it that looks like one big light shining at an angle.  In our Foretravel manual, a picture of what I am talking about is located under tab 4, the first page.

We think the dealer purchased the docking lights from either Foretravel or Motorhomes of Texas.
John & Cheryl Douglas
2008 Nimbus SE 40' Cummins ISM 500hp #6469 &
SOLD 9/27/19:  2001 U270 34' Cummins ISC 8.3L 350hp #5897

Reply #5
Thanks all for the responses. I talked to Foretravel parts and they were extremely helpful also!
FYI the docking lights are an H9406 and can be purchased at most parts stores.