Skip to main content

Topic: BBQ Hookup (Read 327 times) previous topic - next topic

• GleamB
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
BBQ Hookup
For the past four years, I have been hooking  up my BBQ at the coach LP tank, with no difficulty. I would connect and then disconnect easily. When I recently tried to connect the hose, I couldn't push the connection in enough to catch a thread....

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: BBQ Hookup
Reply #1
When I tried to fill my propane last April, the guy at the distributor could not get the tank to fill.  It seems the valve was stuck.  I bought a replacement on ebay.  Marshall Excelsior ME601-6,1-3/4" M.Acme X 3/4" MNPT Double Check Fill...

I ran...

• GleamB
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Thanks. It's not the fill valve. It is a connection beneath the shut off valve on my coach.

Reply #3
High Pressure Gas Grill Connection Tee - #G-415
High Pressure Gas Grill Connection Tee - #G-415

• GleamB
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Thanks, T man

Reply #5
You're welcome Glenn.  That whole deal is kinda pricey but if you hook up your grill after the regulator the simple fittings are much cheaper.

• GleamB
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
Where would I get those parts?
Did you install that set up?
Am I just teeing off the line ?
Picture?👍👍

Reply #7
I removed the one that was on our coach and replaced it with a Marshall brass "Extend a Stay" I had to use the elbow off the one I took off.
The "Extend a stay" allows us to use the onboard propane for the grill or fire pit. The other connection...

Reply #8
Looking at the pics, I'd say the center "pusher" of the hose is what has shifted, not the coach connection.  Look closely - it looks like things aren't concentric in the center anymore.

Reply #9
The post does look a little off and could be the issue.  The line is called an appliance to post, but most gas grill outlets have no idea.  I just recently purchased a new 12 foot hose to work with my portable grill.  The one connecter to the...

• GleamB
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
Turned off LP. Realigned the receiving center part on the tank. Seems to work. Thanks for the support. Was going to find a small LP tank. Look at the $$$I saved!!!