Skip to main content

Topic: Porch light does not work (Read 482 times) previous topic - next topic

Porch light does not work
Porch light does not work. Replaced lamps. What should check next?

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Porch light does not work
Reply #1
Power to make sure you have it at the lamp then work back.. switch then relay/fuse

Reply #2
It's highly likely that the ballast is bad, so if you have power to the fixture, that is most likely the problem.  New fixture time!!!  Have a great day  ----  Fritz

Reply #3
Bad switch or ground.

jk

Reply #4
Last year the porch light, lighted handle and passenger map light all worked. Now none do. Are they all connected to the same circuit? It's on my list of to do but haven't taken time to chase down yet.

Thanks in advance,
Larry

Reply #5
DayD,

If it is a bad ballast you can just remove the ballast and install some type of 12VDC LED light strip in the OEM fixture.

While you are in the area does the touch light on the door grab handle work? These 2 items are on the same circuit. The...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Reply #6
Last year the porch light, lighted handle and passenger map light all worked. Now none do. Are they all connected to the same circuit?

Larry,

The short answer is Yes.  Look at the post that I...

Reply #7
DayD,

If it is a bad ballast you can just remove the ballast and install some type of 12VDC LED light strip in the OEM fixture.

While you are in the area does the touch light on the door...

Reply #8
Mike,
The top grab handle light does stay on, so will check the drain/ground.   I did not know there was a bulb in the bottom.  Ironically, the handle broke on me yesterday, so another thing...

Reply #9
Thanks Mike. I hadn't thought about the circuit breakers behind the panel. I'll check it out.

Larry

Reply #10
These are fed off one of the self resetting beakers that are hid behind the kick panel.  I'm not sure about the map light though but most likely it does.

Larry & DayD,

I was just able to...

Reply #11
Mike, I have the same problem --do I have a relay or is it out of fuse box?
Thanks

Reply #12
Thanks Mike, I'll make a note and check it when I get to the coach. I hadn't seen any fuses blown, but  I might have missed it.

Larry

Reply #13
--do I have a relay or is it out of fuse box?

Chris,

I don't have the '99 prints with me as we are on the road to see the big man visit the grandkids but yours should be fed through the...

Reply #14
Thanks Mike, Hope You have a safe trip and give the GK's a big hug!
Chris

Reply #15
Pulled the bottom bracket of the assist handle yesterday in preparation for replacing the broken acrylic rod and to check the ground wire.  Good news, the ground is in great condition and will turn on the light in the upper bracket when I touch...

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
Pulled the bottom bracket of the assist handle yesterday in preparation for replacing the broken acrylic rod and to check the ground wire.  Good news, the ground is in great condition and...

Reply #17

Was unable to pull the porch light to confirm it is getting power since I did not have a square tip driver, so that will be another day.
Pretty much 90% of the fasteners on my coach are...

Reply #18
I have square tip drivers, just did not have one last night and did not anticipate needing it.....one of the downsides of having to store the coach in a U-Haul yard.  Definitely will be added to the take along tool bag.  Any other "special" tools...

Reply #19
CLEAR Acrylic RV Entry Door Grab Handle Bar Fleming Brite Bar Glo Bar | eBay
Thanks for the link.  Looks like a great fit and reasonably priced at 15.95.  I hate the $10 shipping.  Almost as...

Reply #20
Be careful of the size. I bought two from FOT that were supposed to fit, but are a tad too short.

Reply #21
Be careful of the size. I bought two from FOT that were supposed to fit, but are a tad too short.
Definitely easier to fix too long than too short!

Reply #22
Definitely easier to fix too long than too short!
That's why I'm still using my original and have two spare shorties.

Reply #23
That's why I'm still using my original and have two spare shorties.
Using my original is not a good option....it broke into four pieces last week when I grabbed it to enter the coach.  I...

Reply #24
I have square tip drivers, just did not have one last night and did not anticipate needing it.....one of the downsides of having to store the coach in a U-Haul yard.  Definitely will be...