Skip to main content

Topic: DDEC (Read 411 times) previous topic - next topic

DDEC
Has anyone with the 6V92 DDEC II recently purchased an ECU or had one refurbished?  Been researching to see what I'm getting into with the 6V92 if I purchase one.  Called a couple shops and can't find support for the DDEC II.  Just wondering if...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: DDEC
Reply #1
I found this.....

Detroit Diesel DDEC 2 ECM - Re-manufactured - Detroit Diesel ECM

Kinda pricey to carry a spare.

• Rudy
  • [*]
  • Commercial Member
Reply #2
ECM King in Santa Fe, TX, will rebuild your computer or core for a fee of $1000.  Diagnosis is free for all engines.

Reply #3
The DDEC II ECU is very reliable. It's cooled by fuel running through it. Probably a good idea to keep the tank toward full or install a fuel cooler since our fuel tanks sit inboard and don't get any air while going down the road. Since the...

• Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 11:10:42 pm by Pierce & Gaylie Stewart

Reply #4
Ive wondered about this myself. Has anyone been stranded because the ecm went belly up?

Reply #5
Pierce I ALWAYS enjoy your input.

Thanks you!

Reply #6
Ive wondered about this myself. Has anyone been stranded because the ecm went belly up?
Yes, one member lost theirs on the road in a Cummins I believe. Some good photos of ECU interiors showing...

Reply #7
$400.00 core deposit. $1195.00 for ECM M-11

Reply #8
Pierce I ALWAYS enjoy your input.

Thanks you!

^.^d

Reply #9
$400.00 core deposit. $1195.00 for ECM M-11
Seemed like too good of a deal.

P

• stump
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
How did we get from DDECII to Cummins M11?
Why do you think you need a DDECII ECM, What problems are you having?

Reply #11
Stump,

I was just generalizing as anyone with an electronic engine could be faced with finding a shop to repair or replace their ECU.

I think he was thinking about carrying a spare and wanted to know what it would cost and where to find one. As you...

Reply #12
Thanks all!

Yes, I was referring to having a spare for future.  Was told by a shop that remans them that the DDEC II components are becoming nonexistent and the remans out there are problematic.  Seems like this could be a huge problem a few years...

Reply #13
Shops will tell you a lot of things. Some truckers have replaced their DDEC II with the IV.  Think you are worried over a small possibility. The ECU is mounted high in the middle of the engine so oil, water are not a possibility. The harness is...

• stump
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
Mike the chance you would ever have a issue with the ECM is probably about as good as hitting the powerball..