Skip to main content

Topic: transfer switch will not engage on shore power (Read 249 times) previous topic - next topic

• cdm
  • [*][*][*]
transfer switch will not engage on shore power
On my 2004 U320, I have never had problems with my automatic transfer switch until this afternoon. I arrived at campground, plugged Progressive into pedestal, It read fine. I plugged 50 amp shore cord into progressive, and after normal wait time,...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: transfer switch will not engage on shore power
Reply #1
CDM,
Can you find a part number on the relay.  Maybe you can find a replacement online.  Also, do you rely on the pedestal more than using the generator?  If you rely more on the pedestal just swap the relays till you can find a replacement. From...

Reply #2
I'd be cautious of changing out relays, you may lose your Gen set and you probably need it worse if traveling.   Have you checked power at the end of the cable where it plugs into the coach?    You may need to make do with Gen set and inverter...

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
When I first got home with my rig when I first plugged it in the transfer switch wouldn't engage so I engaged it manually. It failed
a couple more times and has been working since. When it wasn't working I had it on a 30 amp plug so maybe the...

Reply #4
I had similar problem a while back.  I DE-POWERED everything and cleaned all ATS contacts with sandpaper.  Its been working for a year now with no problems.  FWIW

jk

Reply #5
I had a similar problem, mine ended up being the hi/lo (orange) power relay.

Reply #6
On the top of the contactor/relay is the coil that activates the contactor. It should have terminals labeled A1 and A2. It will also identify the voltage of the coil.

Being careful with live voltages, you should be able to see if when you connect...

• cdm
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #7
Here is an update on the problem.- I got to my next stop today, plugged into the 50 amp pedestal, and in the usual amount of time, the coach powered up electrically like it always has. Although I am pleased with that, I remain concerned. On...