Skip to main content

Topic: Refrigerator problem on propane (Read 316 times) previous topic - next topic

• Dub
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Refrigerator problem on propane
Can you light propane refrigerator manually?If so how without an explosion. I have propane to the unit and igniter try's to light but not getting spark.. I hate to run the generator 24 hrs to refrigerate.. Plan to find a place from Wetheford Tx...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Refrigerator problem on propane
Reply #1
Try lighting it with a match when you know the spark isn't occurring when it should.
Go gas...... ...go boom. Be careful.

Reply #2
One problem you may run into is the igniter is also the sensor for whether there is a flame.  If the eboard does not sense a flame it will shut off the propane.  Still you could try by having someone switch it to propane while you stand outside...

• Moby
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Loose connection?
Grounded sparker thingy?

• Dub
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
I'm going to do some clean up and connection checking tomorrow.. Bus is probably not level as I have pulled it out of the barn for the night.. Will put it back on concrete tomorrow.. Jumping the gun asking my question now but I'm assuming the...

Reply #5
Look up JC refrigeration LLC at 260-7684067 or go to website. I went with the all electric unit and no more lp and the trouble that comes with it. No more having to be level it works fantastic.
Sagre

Reply #6
Dub get a can of compressed air and clean out area around ignitor. Rust will trickle down from flue pipe. Also I think you can regal ignitor.

Reply #7
I meant flue pipe and it should say re gap ignitor.

Reply #8
Dub
Remove the cover from the burner tube and make sure its free of rust or trash. Blow it out or brush it clean with a small brush, old tooth brush will work if thats all you have. The igniter must be clean and close enough to the tube to enable...

• Twig
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
There are 2 things you can do. First, pull the igniter wire off of the sparker and hold it to a ground with insulated needle nose pliers to see if it sparks. If not, it's the little white box that makes the spark. If it does then pull the sparker...

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
Does the hot water work on propane?Are you sure all the air is out of the line and you have propane.

• Twig
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
Can you light propane refrigerator manually?If so how without an explosion. I have propane to the unit and igniter try's to light but not getting spark.
Has propane, no spark.

Reply #12
Has propane, no spark.

I jumpered the propane valve to manually turn it on, lit the flame with a kitchen match and after the thermocouple warmed up removed my jumper.  YOu can turn the flame off...

Reply #13
Dub,

Do a PROPER burner area tuneup, not a "flat rate job" like blowing it out without disassembling.  This requires no parts and only a few, common tools.

It may be something as simple as a flake of rust shorting between the ignitor and burner...

Reply #14
Dub,

Remove and clean the ignitior (sand paper usually needed).

Reinstall burner tube and ignitor and set gap to spec (easy to bend the tip of the ignitior). Make sure the ignitior is over the...

• Dub
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #15
Never had a lick of trouble with 2 of these units so it is my turn.. Getting started thanks

Reply #16
Never had a lick of trouble with 2 of these units so it is my turn.. Getting started thanks
On the Norcold we had in the Rockwood, I ended up replacing the Norcold board with a Dinosaur electronics...

• Dub
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
Did my clean up with air and sand paper still no lite.. Ran fridge for an hour on 120 then turned it off.. Then it fired right up on gas.. Blasted wonderment.. Go figure.

Reply #18
Dinasour Boards work great, I have used these boards on two different units. They have a guarantee and are very easy to install.
Safe Travels
Dave

• Dub
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
Thanks for pointers.. anyone else that has propane issue may try my "fix".

• Moby
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #20
Did my clean up with air and sand paper still no lite.. Ran fridge for an hour on 120 then turned it off.. Then it fired right up on gas.. Blasted wonderment.. Go figure.

And, we think women are...