Skip to main content

Topic: Radiator How long do they last (Read 244 times) previous topic - next topic

Radiator How long do they last
RadiatorHow long do they last I have 21 year old Motorcoach and planning a trip across Canada and returning back By way of United States  should I have the radiator replaced the age is there and how big of a job is it to replace it is it more...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Radiator How long do they last
Reply #1
Way too many variables for there to be a specific answer.

If driven on salted roads or parked near the ocean, the outside fins can rot.

If coolant is not changed as it should be, they can rot from the inside.

In some cases, if they start seeping...

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
I'm with Brett. Just take a good look at it. I've had one that leaked. Tightening the bolts and adding Barr's Leak fixed it. Also have one with rotten fins. It doesn't leak and doesn't get hot. My advice: If it doesn't leak and the engine's not...

Reply #3
RadiatorHow long do they last I have 21 year old Motorcoach and planning a trip across Canada and returning back By way of United States  should I have the radiator replaced the age is...

Reply #4
Radiators don't fail catastrophically, you always get some warning and the ointment of your choice will allow you to continue onward, be it pepper packets from McDonald's fast food or...

Reply #5

I would like to post pictures of the job but can't figure out How to post more than one picture at a time.

That's easy to trouble shoot.  Check the size of your photographs.

"Allowed...

Reply #6
A good telltale when looking for an RV to purchase is radiator rot. Lots of rot may mean a lot of other problems down the like like bulkhead problems. Our radiator is OEM 1993 and looks like new with zero rot so check it yourself by pulling the...