Skip to main content
Topic: door locks system (Read 1005 times) previous topic - next topic

door locks system

I have 2 remotes one does nothing the other locks the doors but when u push to unlock they cycle to lock as well if i need remotes where do i get them and then how to program or is my computer for locks messed up any help on my 2001 u270
brian eichhorn
2001 u20 34'

Re: door locks system

Reply #1
In front of the passenger side is a kick plate. You remote base is in there.  You can pull it out and see if you can determine the manufacture and model.  Then you can search the internet for replacements.  If you have your remote manual may try to reprogram.  Also, take them apart.  Clean the button contacts and replace the batteries.  Sometimes they need to be cleaned.
John M.
John & Carm Morales

"We travel not to go anywhere, but to just go.  We travel for travel's sake.  Our great desire is to move."

Reply #2
Or you can install brand new for under $100 with 2 new remotes.  That's what I did.  There are several threads on the forum.

Rich
Rich and Peggy Bowman
2002 U270 3610 WTFS, build #5939--"Freedom"
2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4xe
SMI AirForceOne brake system
PakCanoe 15

Reply #3
Before junking the factory remote lock system, first take the remotes apart (2 screws on mine) and gently clean the contacts with a pencil eraser, lube with OxyGard or some dielectric grease, and put in new batteries.  It's not difficult and might save having to redo the whole system.  It's what I did to renew a defunct remote and it's worked flawlessly for over a year.  If you do change the system, please keep the remotes and post in classified....I'd like an extra.  Woody.
2001 4010 U320 build #5865 "Bluto-d-Bus" since 09/18
2006 Honda Element ESP Toad
Full timing since 2016 in Western MT
Copilot: Sitka
1975 GMC 260 Avion: sold

Reply #4
Or you can install brand new for under $100 with 2 new remotes.  That's what I did.  There are several threads on the forum.

Rich

Rich
I replaced the complete system same as you, found it on the forum and works like a charm. The new system came with the brain, two remotes with four buttons. It uses three of the buttons the lock locks bays and door, one unlock button unlocks the door and another one unlocks the bays. I have the old brain and one remote.
My two cents
Ron Clark
Sherwood,Arkansas
1999 U 295 40 foot Build # 5550
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Motorcade # 18173
FMCA # F485593

Reply #5
Rich
I replaced the complete system same as you, found it on the forum and works like a charm. The new system came with the brain, two remotes with four buttons. It uses three of the buttons the lock locks bays and door, one unlock button unlocks the door and another one unlocks the bays. I have the old brain and one remote.
My two cents
Ron what system did you get? My coach did not come with any remote buttons nor does the system work so I would like to put in something different. What did you use and how difficult was it to install and where did you get it from? If you have a link and a price I appreciate that too. Thanks
'99 U320 40 WTFE
Build #5462,
1500 Watts Solar 600 amp Victron lithium
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Hemi
Instagram bobfnbw
Retired

Reply #6
I had 2 new remotes sent to me and did the programming and all are working good.
Got them online Google remotes.
JohnH
Remotes and keys
Coachless, now use aircraft.
1994 Ford E350 ClassC,total renovation inside and out. Now sold.
2000 U295  36' Cummins 350 c/w Banks Stinger, Resonator upgrade,Solar, LED lites.Residential fridge with slide out pantry. Build 5674. Sold
ex 92 GV 022C ored Cummins. Sold
ex 95 GV240 cat 3116. Sold
2017 Mini cooper s & 2016 land Rover LR2 HSE  LUX.
jhaygarth@aol.com    SKP #130098
treat everyone as you would like to be.

Reply #7
Bob and Julie,

Try this link:

Keyless entry Brain replacement - Hawk Alarm RV101

I found the brain online for about $60.  I also had to replace all the actuators.  Check them first by apply 12V power.  Apparently, if they have power for an extended time (button pushed in pocket) they can burn out.

Rich
Rich and Peggy Bowman
PakCanoe 15

Reply #8
Ron what system did you get? My coach did not come with any remote buttons nor does the system work so I would like to put in something different. What did you use and how difficult was it to install and where did you get it from? If you have a link and a price I appreciate that too. Thanks
Bob
I ordered from johnnylawmotors.com
The system is
Brand is Autoloc Power Accessories    Price $72.00 and $15.00 shipping
"5 function keyless entry with Birt"---    This what it was called when I ordered
KL 550 Keyless entry system 5 channel system.----- This is what was on the box
Someone on the forum had used this and his info was very complete and easy to follow. I couldn't find his post again.
Does your bin doors have the locking already in them?
Sorry I hope this helps.
If u go this way I have copies of how He wired it along with my notes on what I did. I can send pictures to you through email or texts.
Rich Bowman and Dick S was the one that has the install info. I hooked up like he did works great.
Thanks Rich and Dick
Ron Clark
Sherwood,Arkansas
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Motorcade # 18173
FMCA # F485593

Reply #9
Bob
I ordered from johnnylawmotors.com
The system is
Brand is Autoloc Power Accessories    Price $72.00 and $15.00 shipping
"5 function keyless entry with Birt"---    This what it was called when I ordered
KL 550 Keyless entry system 5 channel system.----- This is what was on the box
Someone on the forum had used this and his info was very complete and easy to follow. I couldn't find his post again.
Does your bin doors have the locking already in them?
Sorry I hope this helps.
If u go this way I have copies of how He wired it along with my notes on what I did. I can send pictures to you through email or texts.
Rich Bowman and Dick S was the one that has the install info. I hooked up like he did works great.
Thanks Rich and Dick
I orderd this a year or so ago.. still have not put it in but will get it on the list.. old one still partially works (not oem).. if you can send the info my way when you get time I will put it in the pm. ^.^d

Reply #10
I got new remotes off the internet and programmed them and the original system works great. Try to get your system workin before you trash it... I have the programming instructions but their in the coach. This is what my fobs look Like.
 LUXURY G57KTX318 Factory OEM KEY FOB Keyless Entry Remote Alarm Replace
One I found when I googled it.
Keith
The selected media item is not currently available.Keith & Jo
2003 U320T 4025 PBBS Designer series
Build 6203    Cummins 500hp
2000 U320 4010 WTFE / Build 5762 —Sold—
Motorcade #18070   
Pasadena, Texas
2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara-Sunset Orange pearl coat
Don't argue with a fool, people watching might not be able to tell the difference.

Reply #11
That model not being sold anymore on their website. Did some research today on our great forum and found the post by John Morales where he put in a keyless entry keypad. The one he recommended also has a keyless fob as a option. It's the KE1701 by Essex. It's more expensive than some of the others but looks like a quality product. With the floors out and the co-pilots seat out, I have access to that side to install it.
One thing that really  concerns me is that we've had problem with the door before. We went way up to nacogdoches for the ladies driving school and got locked in and out of the coach. The door lock malfunctioned. Don't want that to ever happen again. also I don't really like using the keys to open up the small lock which also opens up the bay locks. It's made of brass and I've already broken one of them. So a keyless entry or keypad entry would be a good idea. Unfortunately I just don't need another project right now I've got so many things happening but this is a worthwhile thing to do now.
'99 U320 40 WTFE
Build #5462,
Instagram bobfnbw
Retired

Reply #12
I got new remotes off the internet and programmed them and the original system works great. Try to get your system workin before you trash it... I have the programming instructions but their in the coach. This is what my fobs look Like.
 LUXURY G57KTX318 Factory OEM KEY FOB Keyless Entry Remote Alarm Replace
One I found when I googled it.
Keith
We're here did the programming instructions come with it?
'99 U320 40 WTFE
Build #5462,
Instagram bobfnbw
Retired

Reply #13
I don't remember where I got them from but I can get them from the coach soon if you want me to.

Keith
Motorcade #18070   
Pasadena, Texas
Don't argue with a fool, people watching might not be able to tell the difference.

Reply #14
Keith I'll let you know if I go that route. Thanks
Bob
'99 U320 40 WTFE
Build #5462,
Instagram bobfnbw
Retired

Reply #15
I orderd this a year or so ago.. still have not put it in but will get it on the list.. old one still partially works (not oem).. if you can send the info my way when you get time I will put it in the pm. ^.^d

David and Bob
Search on forum
"remote door lock replacement"   
go to #6 open it then
Dick S- Reply 13 and Rich Bowman Reply -# 16
Sorry I don't know how to tie links
Hope this helps

Ron Clark
Sherwood,Arkansas
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Motorcade # 18173
FMCA # F485593

Reply #16
I ordered a new remote does anybody have the information to program them
if this does not work then i can get a new system like the remote lock system
brian eichhorn
2001 u20 34'

Reply #17
Hope this comes out ojlk
JohnH
Coachless, now use aircraft.
1994 Ford E350 ClassC,total renovation inside and out. Now sold.
2000 U295  36' Cummins 350 c/w Banks Stinger, Resonator upgrade,Solar, LED lites.Residential fridge with slide out pantry. Build 5674. Sold
ex 92 GV 022C ored Cummins. Sold
ex 95 GV240 cat 3116. Sold
2017 Mini cooper s & 2016 land Rover LR2 HSE  LUX.
jhaygarth@aol.com    SKP #130098
treat everyone as you would like to be.

Reply #18
The brain for my electric locks was behind the panel in front of the passenger side on right hand side once inside
Motorcade #18070   
Pasadena, Texas

Reply #19
On my coach the door lock system is an alarm, probably not the original. When I have time I may use it as an alarm.
Peter and Frieda Morin
1999 36ft. U320 Foretravel
Build # 5436
1998 Suzuki Sidekick Sport

Reply #20
Purchased the Essex 1701  with the outside keypad as well as the remote kit. Started the install today as the epoxy putty was drying on the floors.
Taking out the old system,  the wires are clearly marked and easy to splice into. Found I was out of 22g butt splices, so had to order more. But most of the keyless system is in. I am struggling to remove the cup holder by the passenger seat to access a doorbell that no longer works (who needs a door bell in a coach anyway?) and plan on putting in the keypad there, then running the wires thru the wire race on the passenger side, to the door surround, then up and over the door and into the breaker space in front of the passenger seat. 
Seems like a great system. Should be working by next week. Have to work the weekend so have to take some time off from the coach.
It will interface with a alarm system as well. 2 key fobs plus the outside keypad gives a lot of options.
Bob
'99 U320 40 WTFE
Build #5462,
Instagram bobfnbw
Retired

Reply #21
I'd like to add a keypad.  It would be great if you posted a wiring diagram when you are done.

Thanks,

Rich
Rich and Peggy Bowman
PakCanoe 15

Reply #22
I'd like to add a keypad.  It would be great if you posted a wiring diagram when you are done.

Thanks,

Rich
Sure Rich I can do that. It's pretty straightforward. The old unit has the wire diagram in it as to which wire is which. Just a simple switch out. There are two 12 V power wires, one to constant 12V power, one to ignition 12V. 2grounds, and 1 lock, 1 unlock and a wire to the parking light. The keypad connects with the keyless module with 2 wires. Just connecting the two can be a issue. Have to fish the wires.
I'll post it with pics when I'm done.
'99 U320 40 WTFE
Build #5462,
Instagram bobfnbw
Retired