Skip to main content

Topic: Furnace Thermostat (Read 300 times) previous topic - next topic

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Furnace Thermostat
I posted on this awhile back with no joy so in desperation I'm posting again. I replaced my front AC with an Atwood and used the accompanying Atwood thermostat. I moved the original Duotherm thermostat to the bedroom to control the back AC. Now I...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Furnace Thermostat
Reply #1
Not sure what unit you have but it looks like if you connect the two blue wires together the furnace will come on and run until you separate the two blue wires.   Of course these blue wires are at the furnace and could be changed to another wire...

Reply #2
Looking at another diagram for a heater it is showing the two wires going to the thermostat are red and white. Need to know exactly what you have to get it right before letting the smoke out.

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
The original thermostat had only a data cable. This little heat only guy is set up for a red and white wire (marked R & W).

At the furnace:

From Behind the Furnace: 2 blue wires: one to the ckt brd power terminal and the other to the motor.

Into...

Reply #4
There should be a pigtail that plugs into the side of the furnace which should have a red a black and 2 blue wires. The red is for 12 volts + and the black 12 volts- and the blue to the thermostat. One of the blue will have 12 volts positive and...

Reply #5
The original thermostat had only a data cable. This little heat only guy is set up for a red and white wire (marked R & W).

At the furnace:

From Behind the Furnace: 2 blue wires: one to the ckt brd...

Reply #6
Jor don't know about the furnace but I used Atwood simple thermostats for my aqua hot heater. The TStat interrupts the 12 volts needed to turn on the aqua hot. Not sure that it's the same with the furnace but you wire diagram will show it.

Reply #7
One of the blue wires is coming off the circuit breaker.  Other blue wire is coming off the circuit board. I think you will find them exiting the furnace  on the right side when facing the unit.

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
Finally got the dedicated heat thermostat installed. Just as suggested, wire to circuit breaker and other to time delay switch. Heat! As usual, I was over complicating a simple project (character flaw). Thanks to all.
jor

Reply #9
Finally got the dedicated heat thermostat installed. Just as suggested, wire to circuit breaker and other to time delay switch. Heat! As usual, I was over complicating a simple project (character...