Skip to main content

Topic: Motorhome Tires (Read 2133 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Motorhome Tires - Wrapup
Reply #50
I do appreciate all your thoughts and feedback. Ended up purchasing Michelin X Multi Energy Z (H rated) STEER tires all around via the Prevost Dupree Michelin tire discount program. Tire clearance good all around. Had tires balanced with beads....

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Motorhome Tires
Reply #51
Uniroyal RS20's from Walmart.com!!!! Owned by Michelin. Dealer told me your getting Michelin quality at a 40% discount

Reply #52
I've attached the Uniroyal commercial tire inflation book. For 275-80-22.5, 110 lbs., that takes you to 22,750 on your rear axle, and 12,350 on the front axle.  This seems a little high, so I would at least weigh sometime when fully loaded, at...

Reply #53
Don't agree at all but that's ok, If you want to pay for a Mich, you can! Mine will age out before wearing out, so it's not worth it. I would challenge you to go look closer at Toyota and Lexus again. Your paying for a name and a few more...

Reply #54
Don't agree at all but that's ok, If you want to pay for a Mich, you can! Mine will age out before wearing out, so it's not worth it. I would challenge you to go look closer at Toyota and...

Reply #55
Bob & Susan,

We are only interested in Michelin tires and have been happy with XZA3 LR-H.

Since XZA3 are no longer available and if price is not a factor, what Michelin model do your recommend from the current lineup?

Like others we use FMCA to get...

Reply #56
Barry and Cindy I notice the new Michelin "x" energy Z tires "h" rated  max out at 7160 pounds at 120 psi.

My Xza-3+'s were 7610 at 120. 

No longer offered. 

The new tires  hopefully should have similar ride and handling qualities and the higher...

Reply #57
Thanks Bob & Susan for the Michelin info and specs.

Barry & Cindy

Reply #58
Hopefully I have attached the Michelin X-Line Energy Tire Chart pressures for anyone that may have an interest. I had my 99 U320 36ft no-slide FT weighed loaded with normal supplies ((10,300 (5,100/5,200) front and (19,500 rear axle weights)) and...

Reply #59
Your chart is G

Reply #60
I had my 99 U320 36ft no-slide FT weighed loaded with normal supplies ((10,300 (5,100/5,200) front and (19,500 rear axle weights)) and added 1,000lbs for people and fuel, propane, groceries, bay...

Reply #61
Michelin bought uniroyal and BF Goodrich and from what I have been told they started using the Michelin process to Mfg both uniroyal and BF Goodrich  I can't verify this but what I was told. I do know that some Mfg companies use the same process...

Reply #62
Michelin bought uniroyal and BF Goodrich and from what I have been told they started using the Michelin process to Mfg both uniroyal and BF Goodrich  I can't verify this but what I was told....

Reply #63
Lots of excellent tires on the market today and most will have a low rolling resistance tire available. The most important feature to me is casing life. Some will rot out before the tread shows any wear on an average yearly mileage RV while...