Skip to main content

Topic: Generator Radiator Hose (Read 408 times) previous topic - next topic

Generator Radiator Hose
After installing my rebuilt Red Head steering box I am remounting radiator and blower. While there I am wanting to replace the radiator hoses. However NAPA did not have a source for the 1 1/4" radiator hose. Does anyone have a recommendation for...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Generator Radiator Hose
Reply #1
Dayco is probably the brand you need to spec out and I don't think NAPA sells Dayco.

Reply #2
What generator do you have? We have a Powertech 10KW. The lower radiator hose is poorly designed so I am making a copper pipe main section to short rubber/silicone pieces at each end.

Pierce

Reply #3
I also have the Powertech 10KW. I was able to find a Continental Hose part # 52041 from Summit Racing.

• rbark
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
When I redid my gen hoses I got them all at NAPA that does a lot of trucks. It's a very large store. We have an 03, U320

Reply #5
Just for the record these are the 4 flex hoses I used for my Powertech 10KW (2001 U270)
1. Gates 25262
2. Gates 25260
3. Dayco 81051
4. Continental 52041

Reply #6
Just for the record these are the 4 flex hoses I used for my Powertech 10KW (2001 U270)
1. Gates 25262
2. Gates 25260
3. Dayco 81051
4. Continental 52041
Thanks for this.  This was a huge help!

I...

Reply #7
Rick, if you haven't pulled the cover from under the generator I would strongly suggest to pull it and check position of radiator hoses and exhaust pipe.  When my (Isuzu) generator was pushed in the exhaust pipe was pushed up hard against...

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
I also had problem with the hoses touching the exhaust so I put a pulley in the back and ran a rope through the pulley around
the hoes and can pull the hoses away from the exhaust and clip it to the top edge of generator incloser.

Reply #9
Now you guys have me wishing I'd taken photos.  From memory, the hoses connect from the top near the thermostat, circle up over the engine, and route through the wall quite high.  I believe the exhaust comes off the back and connects low on the...

Reply #10
From memory, the hoses connect from the top near the thermostat, circle up over the engine, and route through the wall quite high.  I believe the exhaust comes off the back and...