Skip to main content

Topic: ‘96 U295 Windshield Wipers (Read 210 times) previous topic - next topic

‘96 U295 Windshield Wipers
Today, while driving through mist, fog, and rain I had my wipers on for several hours. First position, intermittent. All was well. Stopped at Love's in Rockwell (yes, I did Dallas, 635, and the PGBT at rush hours on a Friday-work sometimes makes...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: ‘96 U295 Windshield Wipers
Reply #1
Sounds like the nut has came loose on the electric motor where the arm that drives the wiper attaches.  If that is the case it is a pain to get to for repair. At one time (long ago) seems like there was a factory recall for coaches built along...

Reply #2
ThNK YOU Pam & Mike! I'll check it out!

Reply #3
Mine just did this during our trip west this fall.  Luckily FT was on the way.  They re-indexed the wipers and secured the nut.

• wayne m
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #4
my wipers failed in the same fashion, going wonky at first and then becoming useless. this
incident happened more than 10 years ago, so my recollection is a little hazy. once the
upholstered part of the dash is off, you will see where foretravel...

Reply #5
A few years ago I had to replace some parts of the wiper system, the posts and the arms.  From that experience, one of the ways to access the wiper motor and the mechanism to the posts is to swing the CB panel in front of the passenger seat out...

Reply #6
On our 91GV, I had a problem where the wipers were fine in the constant position, but were squirrely in the delay mode.  They wouldn't wipe the full travel and wouldn't dock properly.   I was unable to get a new switch for them and am not sure at...