Skip to main content

Topic: Fluorescent light fixture upgrade to LED  (Read 11043 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Fluorescent light fixture upgrade to LED
Reply #50
I was considering using the small end pieces in each cabinet. I think the spacing would work perfect.

So many useful and  practical applications. I ended up with just about every color and wattage arrangement the company makes. I am using them...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Reply #51
Finally bite the bullet and worked on a few of our overhead lights.  The one over the kitchen table has not worked since we bought the coach and got it working today with LED's as well as the one in the front overhead just behind the passenger...

Reply #52
I used the led light strips for my bay and coach fluorescent and it was a pretty easy job. Don't know a lot about electric but even I figured it out.  I had to cut the strips to size for each of my fixtures and that left me with 15- 3" strips...

Reply #53
Nice job Tommy!
John M.

Reply #54
Awesome use. Man it feels good to use every piece and not waste a thing! You save a butt load of money! !

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #55
What a great idea. I am sensing a new spirit of creativity arising within the forum! (More great ideas for me to knock off)
jor

Reply #56
They get pretty hot. I would want some metal behind them as a heat sink. Let them run a bit and check.

Reply #57
For those that are farther along renovating lights than me, what are your favorite butt end connectors for the small ga. wire other than solder?

jk

Reply #58
I like long neck crimp caps

Bad link before. This one is OK

Amazon.com: Install Bay CC2218 Crimp Cap Nylon Connector 22/18 Gauge...

Easy to use one handed.  Strip length less critical. Single crimp.

Several sizes, buy bags of 100, sooner or later...

Reply #59

Reply #60

Reply #61
Jack

Foretravel nick name...."Rocket Ships"

Reply #62
Here is another way to connect multiple wires especially in tight places.  Interior use.
Lever-Nut Assortment Conductor Compact Wire Connectors pct-212 25pcs pct-213...
You can get them in smaller quantities.

Reply #63
Jack, connect bigger wire to the smaller wire close to the lights.  16 ga is good or even 18 ga for short runs is OK too.

Reply #64
Thanks, Roger.

jk

Reply #65
Wow!  Tommy, a great idea an fix for those left over short led's.  Now, I have more to do on front and back overhead lights!  Someone else questioned the heat these little lights give off and was wondering how they have done up there on the front...

Reply #66
Wow!  Tommy, a great idea an fix for those left over short led's.  Now, I have more to do on front and back overhead lights!  Someone else questioned the heat these little lights give off...

Reply #67
Best $30.00 spent....Used old piece of diamond plate in large one's, with 2 strips each.
Gutted the rest of the lights, and put 1 strip each. Plenty of light.
Took a couple of 1" cut off's, and gutted the engine light, installed them there.
Put...

Reply #68
Chis, good call on the engine compartment for lights.  Next job after the clearance lights!  Yes, Tommy, we don't travel at night at all, just nice to see them lit up for easier saying thanks to the truckers who blink their light to let us know...

Reply #69
Joe, shot the lights with infrared but couldn't get a good reading, think it was too far away. Running lights down low were around 50 degrees but when I tried to shoot the marker lights up high it was reading funky like 8 degrees.  Like I say...

Reply #70
Thanks for trying Tommy!  I have about 6-7 small strips left and short wire connectors, so will be a good start on the back end anyway!

• MarkC
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #71
Found another use for these LED strips.  Removed the three bulbs from the bathroom vanity lights and replaced with an LED strip. Light is great in the Warm White.  Used the old bulb base by breaking out the glass, drilling through the bottom, and...

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #72
This is the second coach I have used the strip led light. The first coach I had in for 5 years and they were still working like the day I
put them in. I like the 5000 color and were I get my led lights they have different brightness in the...

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #73
This is the second coach I have put  the led strips in. The first coach were in for 5 years and when I sold the coach they were working
the same as the day I put them in. I like the 5000 color and when I went to by them for this coach the girl...