Skip to main content
Topic: Recirc pump and new residential fridge. (Read 4608 times) previous topic - next topic

Recirc pump and new residential fridge.

Started to put in recirc pumps in so we will have instant hot water. Tomorrow I will start to remove the old fridge.

[fixed topic title typo - Michelle]
Peter and Frieda Morin
1999 36ft. U320 Foretravel
Build # 5436
1998 Suzuki Sidekick Sport

Re: Recurc pump and new residential fridge.

Reply #1
Got the old fridge out of the motor home and the new fridge in. Getting the old fridge out was hard. It is so heavy and getting the
new fridge in was easy.
Peter and Frieda Morin
Build # 5436

Reply #2
We love pictures.  ;D
1993 U300 40ft GV SE
Build # 4344

Western NC mountains

Reply #3
I will when I get finished. Doing pictures I have to figger it out again.
Peter and Frieda Morin
Build # 5436

Re: Recirc pump and new residential fridge.

Reply #4
The new fridge is installed and just need to get the pantry built and finish the trim around the fridge. The recirculating pumps and
plumbing are done. Just need to find some kind of timer switches that I like and install them.
Peter and Frieda Morin
Build # 5436

Reply #5
I have been using these timers for several things in the coach.
Multi Functional Timers

Use in combination with Bosch style relays to operate solenoid valves or latch and unlatch your water pump latching relay.  The sink adapter does the same thing (provide a ground path) but a Bosch relay is cheaper and more common.  The wifi timer relay is easier to program from your phone rather than the pulse mode but both work well.  For your recirculation pump you will probably need to adjust the "on" time more than once.  We installed a temperature gauge to see what the temp at the manifold is and this made us go from 20 seconds to a minute. I have a temperature gauge at the AquaHot too.  Sensor is behind the thermostat plate.

Reply #6
Thanks Roger. I haven't figgered out how long I want to leave the pump on. It could be to just get hot water to the tap or keep
the pump gong until we have finished the dishes or shower. Doing dishes I find the temperature will drop if I am not using the
water. The electronics store I go to is closed because of the virus.
Peter and Frieda Morin
Build # 5436

Reply #7
Water Pump Push Button Switch, Water Temps and Recirculator Switches (run and on/off)
Temp gauges are only on when the water pump is on.

Reply #8
I have 2 pumps, one for the kitchen sink and I will use the valance light switch, as they valance lights were removed by previous owner,
for the kitchen. I will change the switch for push switch and the bathroom pump I think I will use the fill switch. I don't think I will
bother for temperature gauges. I used 2 pumps as it was a lot simpler to do it that way.
Peter and Frieda Morin
Build # 5436

Reply #9
Love the good thoughts and engineering.

In our off road dry camping days in the 80's as we could dump grey water we brought extra water various ways and either gravity or pressure filled.

These methods would extend things even more.

Great work.  Thanks
"Riding and rejoicing"
Bob & Susan
1997 U320 40' Mid entry, build 5132,  wtbi ce27, 4th owner
2007 Solara convertible
2 prodeco tech outlaw ss electric bikes

1095 watts solar
08 Ls 460 and a sc430
2000 Ford F-250 superduty 4x4

Reply #10
I am filling in the roof vent and have two layers of glass on and would have had the last layer on but forgot to sand off the paint
around the outer edges. I will do the last coat this afternoon after I get back from a hike.
Peter and Frieda Morin
Build # 5436

Reply #11
I was going to glass in the side vent but I would like a cover that I can get into that area. It would need to be able to block any air flow.
Does any one have any ideas.
Peter and Frieda Morin
Build # 5436

Reply #12
I am filling in the roof vent and have two layers of glass on and would have had the last layer on but forgot to sand off the paint
around the outer edges. I will do the last coat this afternoon after I get back from a hike.
That area is what I used to bring my solar cables through. Even though it had been glassed in it was visible.
1999 40 ft. U-320 wtfe build 5563 Chuck & Lynda's "Rollin' Inn"  2030 watts solar
prev. mh's 71 GMC 5 yrs. 73 Pace Setter 1 yr. 78 Vogue 5 yrs 81 FTX 40ft all electric 18 yrs. 1996 Monaco Signature 3 yrs.
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland
Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you will die today.  James Dean

Reply #13
I was going to glass in the side vent but I would like a cover that I can get into that area. It would need to be able to block any air flow.
Does any one have any ideas.
I can take a pic. of mine later. The factory cover has the vent slates sealed up. Like you say it is a good place to have access to.
1999 40 ft. U-320 wtfe build 5563 Chuck & Lynda's "Rollin' Inn"  2030 watts solar
prev. mh's 71 GMC 5 yrs. 73 Pace Setter 1 yr. 78 Vogue 5 yrs 81 FTX 40ft all electric 18 yrs. 1996 Monaco Signature 3 yrs.

Reply #14
I was thinking of cutting off the vents and covering them up but the frame is old and has a crack in it and will probably brake so I
would like to find a cover that would fit the hole. I will put Styrofoam insulation in side the cover.
Peter and Frieda Morin
Build # 5436

Reply #15
Water Pump Push Button Switch, Water Temps and Recirculator Switches (run and on/off)
Temp gauges are only on when the water pump is on.
Roger,
The BIG RED BUTTON on the left, is that your PANIC BUTTON........?
Tim Dianics
Pam Sapienza
Vader PupZilla Labrador Canine (AKA Pup)
Columbia, MO
1996 U320 4000

Reply #17
Hmmmm...
I was hoping for something a little more exciting, like the ejection button for the toilet.....
Tim Dianics
Pam Sapienza
Vader PupZilla Labrador Canine (AKA Pup)
Columbia, MO
1996 U320 4000

Reply #19
What refrigerator did you go with?  Were you able to go through the entry door or did you have to take a window out?  Thinking about doing the same on our 1998 36'.

Thanks,
Glen
Glen & Suzie
1998 U320 36'
Build #5366
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
2015 ATC Aluminum 20' Trailer
Previous 1996 U295 40'
Motorcade #17546
Stephenville, TX

Reply #20
I went with a Frigidaire model FFHT1425VW. It was the only one I could find that would fit. I pulled the wheels off and made up some
aluminum slides and angle aluminum to hold it down. With the doors off it will squeeze through the front door. I took the screen
off and undid the door arm so the door would open a little farther. I undid the passengers seat and moved it back out of the
way and undid the entry handle and tied it back. Taking the old fridge out was way harder then bringing in the new on. There is some
metal flashing that shows up after the door is off that will make it a lot easier to get it out. As soon as my son helps me download
some pictures I will post a picture of it in. We bought the fridge from Costco.
Peter
Peter and Frieda Morin
Build # 5436

Reply #21
This is a picture of the fridge and the drawer below. I haven't put the doors back on yet.
We shall see if the picture shows up
Peter and Frieda Morin
Build # 5436

Reply #22
Will the door open wide enough to move the shelves? If not, hope you have them set up the way you want them.

Reply #23
I set the shelves up the way I want them before I put it place as I didn't know if they would be removable and I just went out and
checked and they won't come out.
Peter and Frieda Morin
Build # 5436

Reply #24
Got the pantry built and installed it today. All I need now is to find a latch with a handle that I like and will work. I will take
pictures when I'm finished. I've also built a dinette and I just need to get the table done. Does anyone know if there is a color
code for the counter tops.
Peter and Frieda Morin
Build # 5436