Skip to main content

Topic: Recirc pump and new residential fridge. (Read 4023 times) previous topic - next topic

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Recirc pump and new residential fridge.
Started to put in recirc pumps in so we will have instant hot water. Tomorrow I will start to remove the old fridge.

[fixed topic title typo - Michelle]
  • Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 06:08:29 pm by Michelle

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Recurc pump and new residential fridge.
Reply #1
Got the old fridge out of the motor home and the new fridge in. Getting the old fridge out was hard. It is so heavy and getting the
new fridge in was easy.

Reply #2
We love pictures.  ;D

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
I will when I get finished. Doing pictures I have to figger it out again.

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Recirc pump and new residential fridge.
Reply #4
The new fridge is installed and just need to get the pantry built and finish the trim around the fridge. The recirculating pumps and
plumbing are done. Just need to find some kind of timer switches that I like and install them.

Reply #5
I have been using these timers for several things in the coach.
Multi Functional Timers

Use in combination with Bosch style relays to operate solenoid valves or latch and unlatch your water pump latching relay.  The sink adapter does the same thing...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
Thanks Roger. I haven't figgered out how long I want to leave the pump on. It could be to just get hot water to the tap or keep
the pump gong until we have finished the dishes or shower. Doing dishes I find the temperature will drop if I am not...

Reply #7
Water Pump Push Button Switch, Water Temps and Recirculator Switches (run and on/off)
Temp gauges are only on when the water pump is on.

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
I have 2 pumps, one for the kitchen sink and I will use the valance light switch, as they valance lights were removed by previous owner,
for the kitchen. I will change the switch for push switch and the bathroom pump I think I will use the fill...

Reply #9
Love the good thoughts and engineering.

In our off road dry camping days in the 80's as we could dump grey water we brought extra water various ways and either gravity or pressure filled.

These methods would extend things even more.

Great work.  Thanks

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
I am filling in the roof vent and have two layers of glass on and would have had the last layer on but forgot to sand off the paint
around the outer edges. I will do the last coat this afternoon after I get back from a hike.

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
I was going to glass in the side vent but I would like a cover that I can get into that area. It would need to be able to block any air flow.
Does any one have any ideas.

Reply #12
I am filling in the roof vent and have two layers of glass on and would have had the last layer on but forgot to sand off the paint
around the outer edges. I will do the last coat this afternoon...

Reply #13
I was going to glass in the side vent but I would like a cover that I can get into that area. It would need to be able to block any air flow.
Does any one have any ideas.
I can take a pic. of mine...

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
I was thinking of cutting off the vents and covering them up but the frame is old and has a crack in it and will probably brake so I
would like to find a cover that would fit the hole. I will put Styrofoam insulation in side the cover.

Reply #15
Water Pump Push Button Switch, Water Temps and Recirculator Switches (run and on/off)
Temp gauges are only on when the water pump is on.
Roger,
The BIG RED BUTTON on the left, is...

Reply #16
Just the water pump button, easier to identify, easier to push.

Reply #17
Hmmmm...
I was hoping for something a little more exciting, like the ejection button for the toilet.....

Reply #18
Same big bush button in the bathroom.  No eject seat.

Reply #19
What refrigerator did you go with?  Were you able to go through the entry door or did you have to take a window out?  Thinking about doing the same on our 1998 36'.

Thanks,
Glen

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #20
I went with a Frigidaire model FFHT1425VW. It was the only one I could find that would fit. I pulled the wheels off and made up some
aluminum slides and angle aluminum to hold it down. With the doors off it will squeeze through the front door. I...

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
This is a picture of the fridge and the drawer below. I haven't put the doors back on yet.
We shall see if the picture shows up

Reply #22
Will the door open wide enough to move the shelves? If not, hope you have them set up the way you want them.

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #23
I set the shelves up the way I want them before I put it place as I didn't know if they would be removable and I just went out and
checked and they won't come out.

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
Got the pantry built and installed it today. All I need now is to find a latch with a handle that I like and will work. I will take
pictures when I'm finished. I've also built a dinette and I just need to get the table done. Does anyone know if...