Skip to main content

Topic: Slide water intrusion (Read 225 times) previous topic - next topic

Slide water intrusion
Every time I close the slide and then open back up, there is water on the carpet in front of the couch. At first I thought because my slide topper ripped and not covering the slide that could be the problem. I tilt my coach driver side down...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

• Dick S
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Slide water intrusion
Reply #1
Mike,
Is the water you're seeing at the front or rear end of the slide? We have had that happen at the end of the slide, I squeegee the water  off just before bringing the slide in. Probably doesn't get it all, but at least we don't find a wet...

Reply #2
The middle of the slide to the front of the slide. It rained all last week, so couldn't squeegee it off.

It's not coming from the ceiling, but from under the slide.

Mike

• rbark
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
If you're talking about the middle piece, that is the way the 2003 slides are. Can you take a picture?

Reply #4
Here you go.

Reply #5
Do you have any delamination where the side of the coach meets the slide out opening?  Especially the bottom edge.

Does your upper rubber sweep work as the slide retracts?

Are your lock pin blocks on top clean and are the block drain lines clear?

Rich

Reply #6
Do you have any delamination where the side of the coach meets the slide out opening?  Especially the bottom edge.  It does have some delamination, but was filled with some black stuff at...

• rbark
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Mike, yours is the same as mine. Pretty sure that's factory.
 We don't have lock pin blocks or drains AFAIK.

• AC7880
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
Looking from the outside of the coach, inspect the outer edge of the inflatable bladder.  Is it sealed to the coach? 

If not, water runs under the inflatable bladder to inside the coach, and can cause delamination.  Seal the bladder edge to the...

Reply #9
how long has it been since the windows have been removed and resealed? I had the same issue on a 2002 turned out to be the window was leaking in the slide. When I went to remove the window I took all the screws out and it literally fell right...

Reply #10
I may be mistaken but I think you do have pin blocks (2 top/2 bottom) and the top two have a hole in the bottom that connects with a hose to a drain hole on the lower outside edge of the coach.  The pin blocks show as two round holes (about 1...

Reply #11
My 2003 is like Richards, matches your photo. And no locking pins on that year.

Reply #12
I'm sure it's coming in from either the window or where it's delaminated. I'll have to check later today.
Thanks for the answers.

Mike