Skip to main content
Topic: Electro hydraulic pump wanted new for 1990 villa, oshkosh v815 chassis  (Read 863 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from Re: Removing countertops

Electro hydraulic pump wanted new for 1990 villa, oshkosh v815 chassis

Hya all, can anyone help me, I'm trying to locate a new electric pump that attaches to the bottom of my brake booster, as far as I know the pump part no. Is gm18019639 or 18006974, I've looked on online and whenever I key this no. In it does come up but the details of are not very clear, I'm not sure if it's a repair kit or, a new pump, that is what I need, if there is anyone out there that knows of a good supplier of this type of part, then please let me know, would appreciate that, les Michael's at freightliner gave me this no. And checked the photo that I managed to download which I will also upload after this message, and it does look exactly like the part I need, thanks kev
1990 foretravel grandvilla, Oshkosh chassis
8.2ltr Detroit turbo

Re: Electro hydraulic pump wanted new for 1990 villa, oshkosh v815 chassis

Reply #1
Hya all, can anyone help me, I'm trying to locate a new electric pump that attaches to the bottom of my brake booster, as far as I know the pump part no. Is gm18019639 or 18006974, I've looked on online and whenever I key this no. In it does come up but the details of are not very clear, I'm not sure if it's a repair kit or, a new pump, that is what I need, if there is anyone out there that knows of a good supplier of this type of part, then please let me know, would appreciate that, les Michael's at freightliner gave me this no. And checked the photo that I managed to download which I will also upload after this message, and it does look exactly like the part I need, thanks kev
also I'm after a new flow switch part no. Gm18005544 which les Michael's also gave me, both of these parts are nla at freightliner, but there must be somewhere that would still stock both of these parts,  it's an important part that I would like to replace, I haven't checked  my pump yet to see if it is working, so many other jobs that I'm doing, but I'm thinking to myself it's a back up emergency pump in case my power steering pump ever fails, now the thing is the chances are that this pump may have never been used over the years, its only done 104,000 since new, and I'm thinking to myself any electrical pump that's never had a reason to actually work over the years may not work now, so hence the reason why I need to fit a new pump anyway as a matter of safety,  when I get round to testing the pump, I presume easiest way to test my pump is to bypass flow switch and wire a live feed direct to positive wire on pump, has anyone ever worked on this type of pump before thanks kev
8.2ltr Detroit turbo

Reply #2
Our 1986 Rockwood with the GM Hydroboost hydraulic brakes only had a pressure accumulator for one-last-stop.  And that was in whichever direction you happened to be going when the power steering pump, or more likely the belts failed.

The information on this web site may point you in the correct direction.  When searching try looking for GM Hydro-boost electric pump.

Matt Sweeting's SPEED Manufacturing- Bosch Hydro-Boost, Bosch Hydro-Max,...
1992 Foretravel Grand Villa
U225 SBID Build No. 4134
1986 Rockwood Driftwood
1968 S.I.A.T.A. Spring
1962 Studebaker Lark
1986 Honda VF700C
1983 Honda VF750C
Charlie, the Dog was broken out of jail 24 Oct 2023
N1RPN
AA1OH (H)e who must be obeyed.

Reply #3
Our 1986 Rockwood with the GM Hydroboost hydraulic brakes only had a pressure accumulator for one-last-stop.  And that was in whichever direction you happened to be going when the power steering pump, or more likely the belts failed.

The information on this web site may point you in the correct direction.  When searching try looking for GM Hydro-boost electric pump.

Matt Sweeting's SPEED Manufacturing- Bosch Hydro-Boost, Bosch Hydro-Max,...
OK mate thanks very mutch I will try that website kev
8.2ltr Detroit turbo

Reply #4
OK mate thanks very mutch I will try that website kev
Hya mate, I've tried that matt sweeting website that you mentioned, can't seem to find a direct contact by email, would be a great help if you could find an email contact for this matt sweeting please,  I was thinking, if being this part is no longer available at freightliner and I do have difficulty getting hold of this part, could I manually install a high pressure 12 volt electric pump in line between the power steering and hydro boost, but then it would have to be some kind of pump that wouldnt cause any flow restriction, by just being there, any suggestions?
8.2ltr Detroit turbo

Reply #5
Did you try calling the phone number shown on part in your first post?  Just checking.....
"Not so  long ago we were a nation of risk takers, riding five million pounds of  thrust straight into space."  Joe Gresh
Chuck Pearson
1996 U295
2018 Can Am X3 TurboRS

Reply #6
Since kevo0000 is in England, understand why an e-mail contact would be preferable-- if anyone has one.
Brett Wolfe
EX: 1993 U240
Moderator, ForeForum 2001-
Moderator Diesel RV Club 2002-
Moderator, FMCA Forum 2009-2020
Chairman FMCA Technical Advisory Committee 2011-2020

Reply #7
Kevo0000, have you tested the Hydro-boost system yet? There is 2 tests to be performed! 1 with motor (engine) running and 1 with motor off,  Take less than 5 minutes for the test!
Try looking at
Knowyourparts.com and look under
HYDRO-BOOST
1987 Grand Villa OREG 460 SBID

Reply #8
Volvo used an electric hydraulic ps pump for some years  . I fit one to a race car that worked pretty well.
Without the ecu running it, it defaults to a steady psi .

Reply #9
Kevo0000, have you tested the Hydro-boost system yet? There is 2 tests to be performed! 1 with motor (engine) running and 1 with motor off,  Take less than 5 minutes for the test!
Try looking at
HYDRO-BOOST
OK I will try that in the next couple of days, I'm just presuming it doesn't work because it's something that only switches on if power steering pump fails, or a belt goes, so if its never had a reason to work then anything electrical after 30 years without working, probably seized up by now, but will get to test it soon thanks kev
8.2ltr Detroit turbo

Reply #10
Did you try calling the phone number shown on part in your first post?  Just checking.....
No I live in UK quite expensive calling to USA, I usually do everything by email, but for some reason they haven't got an email address to contact
8.2ltr Detroit turbo

Reply #11
Volvo used an electric hydraulic ps pump for some years  . I fit one to a race car that worked pretty well.
Without the ecu running it, it defaults to a steady psi .
Yeah that sounds cool, so if all else fails and I can't the correct pump then could put a pump in line, was just concerned it may restrict the flow, mines a 1990 so I don't think it has an ecu, sometime next week I will check the pump out, I'm just presuming it doesn't work cause of the age of vehicle, but defo will check it next week, I presume to check it out is to wire a direct live feed to the pump, does it make quite a loud noise this electric pump?
8.2ltr Detroit turbo

Reply #12
Test the system first.
 Any In  line pump might have a check valve and a t fitting. The Volvo pump is quiet. Comes stock in cars and SUV  .

Reply #13
Appears to be in stock here:

DELCO HY POWER PUMP 18006974 - powerbrake-drivetrain
"Not so  long ago we were a nation of risk takers, riding five million pounds of  thrust straight into space."  Joe Gresh
Chuck Pearson
1996 U295
2018 Can Am X3 TurboRS

Reply #14
Try looking at
HYDRO-BOOST
Hya, I've just done 1 stage of the electro pump. I thought easiest way, I connected a live feed direct to the 1 single white wire on the pump, to my surprise it started up straight away, I went inside and pressed the brake pedal and it went down with ease so at least I know now that it is working, as soon as I turned it off I tried the brake pedal and it was hard and couldn't move it,  I did try to go online to that know your parts. Com, but couldn't seem to navigate to search to key in hydro boost, now the next test is if my flow switch is working or not, the way I see it, correct me if I'm wrong, if the ign is on but engine not running then if the flow switch was working properly then that pump in theory should start to work because there is no flow with out the power steering pump working,, what I am going to do is connect a permanent wire with a separate in line fuse and take power direct from a permanent live under dash with a separate switch labelled emergency brake, so if I did ever have a power steering belt or pump failure whilst driving then all I gotta do is flick the switch and switch the pump on manually, another reason for this is, I am able to test the pump whenever I feel like it, run it for a few minutes once a week and before I go off anywhere,,  I do want to test the flow switch anyway and replace it, but at least by having an independent switch means I can bypass this flow switch at anytime, does anyone know of a reason why they don't think this will work thanks kev
8.2ltr Detroit turbo