Skip to main content

Topic: Automatic Traction Control question (Read 244 times) previous topic - next topic

• dsd
  • [*][*][*]
Automatic Traction Control question
2001 U320 I had previously searched for upgrading to the traction control system used on later coaches utilizing ABS and individual controlled braking. Never really found a economical solution.  I've been installing a Truetrac front differential...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Automatic Traction Control question
Reply #1
I too have been looking at the traction issue. One wheel drive does not cut it off pavement. My coach has a Rockwell/Meritor drive axle, there is a driver controlled locking differential option. Buy a rebuilt differential assembly (punkin) with...

Reply #2
Newell has used the locking differential since at least 1993.  Had it on my '93 and '98.  Might help you in researching.

• dsd
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #3
"Buy a rebuilt differential assembly (punkin) with the option and swap."
Problem with that is it probably would be from a truck and gearing would be wrong and noisy. The locker can be installed inside the current carrier but I'm concerned they...

Reply #4
"Problem with that is it probably would be from a truck and gearing would be wrong and noisy"
Scott

You should be able to get the correct gear, or very close to it, from a reputable rebuilder.
I like...

• dsd
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #5
Spoke with a Eaton rep today and was advised that Eaton has the Detroit locker but doesn't recommend do to the effects of frozen or slick road sliding sideways as we all have commented on. No limited slip available from them either. At this point...