Skip to main content

Topic: Silicone Batteries (Read 662 times) previous topic - next topic

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Silicone Batteries
The batteries came in last week and I just got them into day. The batteries on there web site were 240 mm long and actually were
298 mm long (I let them know so they can fix it). I had to take off one of the hinge arms for the door and modify it...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Silicone Batteries
Reply #1
Are they silicon gel batteries, silicon AGM batteries, or silicon lithium batteries?  I look forward to your pictures and a link to your source.
  • Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 02:41:17 pm by Jack Lewis

Reply #2
As Jack says, inquiring minds want to know.  Looking forward to more info and pictures. 

Reply #3
Lithium Ion batteries with Silicon anodes.  I just had to look, because all I had in my mind was silicone oil.

Enevate's Silicon Anodes Could Yield EV Batteries That Run 400 km on a 5-Minute Charge

Art

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
siliconebatteries.ca  Type in this and you should get it. I don't know how to put up a link, my computer skills are lacking.

Reply #5
siliconebatteries.ca  Type in this and you should get it. I don't know how to put up a link, my computer skills are lacking.
OldGuy,

You were there! Just type in www. and it will show up as a link. ...

Reply #6
Wonder how the prices compare to Lithium and Gel batts?  With Lithiums still in the $900 range, buying 6 to give one 600 amps is a pricey decision!

Reply #7
I see dr Goodenough is on their  board.  I mentioned this a while ago.  He won the Nobel chemistry prize in 2019 and invented li-ion batteries 38 years ago.

Any idea on pricing?

Reply #8
Wonder how the prices compare to Lithium and Gel batts?  With Lithiums still in the $900 range, buying 6 to give one 600 amps is a pricey decision!
The prices are coming down now. Here is an...

• kenhat
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
If you can wait for shipped from China here are 200ah for the same price.

Amazon.com: Lifepo4 100ah 200ah 300ah 400ah 12V Lithium ion Battery for...

see ya
ken

Reply #10
Only interested in the silicone ones personally.  -20C to 70C.  6 times faster recharge.  Non flammable.  I passed 7 years ago on li-ion.  This is the fix.  Where and how much?

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
Bob that's why I went with them because of the cold. If I ever have trouble starting the engine in the cold I could use heavier cables and put in a high boost solenoid. I was talking with the person I got the batteries from yesterday and told him...

Reply #12
The blue seas auto combiner has a manual/auto/off  switch that was an easy install where the boost switch was. 1400 amp for 30 seconds
My li-ion Shorai dirt bike batteries require pre warming up by turning on the headlight for a minute or more...

Reply #13
Ok, one more time.  LiFePO4 is NOT flammable.  The electrolyte WILL NOT burn.  It will smoke and stink but will not burn.
When I built my 1000 amphour system out of 4 Winston cells one of them came in leaking.  My supplier replaced it with no...

Reply #14
But please post more info and results on your silicone cells.  I'm curious.  Are these LiFePO4 with silicone added?

Any chance all of you can drop the "e" from silicon?  This battery technology...

Reply #15
If you can wait for shipped from China here are 200ah for the same price.

Amazon.com: Lifepo4 100ah 200ah 300ah 400ah 12V Lithium ion Battery for...

see ya
ken

.Do not throw battery into water or make...

Reply #16
Silicon article from "Wired", February 2020.

Welcome to the Era of Supercharged Lithium-Silicon Batteries | WIRED

However, nothing is easy, thus the gradual progression to Lifepo4 to solve the safety and transportation issues with lithium, and now...

Reply #17
The technology actually looks really promising. It's just another type of lithium battery really with some tweaks that make it much more efficient. But I'm not sure that the fast charging is very useful in our application. it would be very...

Reply #18
For those who are interested in technology and li-ion batteries watch the Munro tear down of a Tesla model Y on U tube.

The Tesla and all the other car makers he has torn down have cooling and in Tesla's case heating of the banks built in to each...

Reply #19
Yeah Tesla is US engineering at its finest. It's only a matter of time before China Japan Korea etc copies it. My brother just bought or is buying a Tesla truck. He's had stock in the company now for quite some time and think he's using some of...

Reply #20
Tesla has a giant plant in China now.  Plus building one in Berlin area.

Elon is selling almost all his personal possessions currently.  He said he has two things to do.

Fix the energy system of the planet and go to Mars.  Personally.

Wants and...

Reply #21
In going through the links that are above.  They are using the "E" in Silicone. 

Also one thing I did not think of is there is a drawing that shows the volts and amp being drawn by a fan over time. As the voltage goes down, with the battery being...

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #22
Tesla has a giant plant in China now.  Plus building one in Berlin area.

Elon is selling almost all his personal possessions currently.  He said he has two things to do.

Fix the energy system of...

Reply #23
And go out in a blaze of glory.  Versus die in your bed?  Have you done most of what you wanted to?  We have. Zero regrets

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
Here are the pictures I promised. The first one is the hing that I changed so the door would close.