Skip to main content

Topic: HWH Jack System (Read 349 times) previous topic - next topic

HWH Jack System
Well on second day out and arriveing at RV site, the HWH jacks does nothing except I hear some clicks when I turn it on.  The On power lite will start flashing.  No blown fuses on box under the couch.  How do you test the box under the couch? ...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: HWH Jack System
Reply #1
Check the hydraulic pump behind the front bumper. Could be a bad solenoid, connection or a bad pump.

Reply #2
Hi red,
  Thanks for the response.
  Everything was working fine the other day, tried to lower jacks and the driver side front and rear jack lites flashed.  I turned it off.  I turned the system back on and the power lite flashes and I hear a click...

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Up front you'll find the HWH hydraulic tank and solenoids. As RedTractor recommended, I'd check all of those connections first and also make sure your hydraulic oil is at the proper level and that the filter is clean. Here's a bunch of photos...

Reply #4
Hi Jor,
  Thanks for all the help and photos.  Mine is a lot yours.  Today I will check those things.  More info later.

Pat,

Reply #5
Hi All,
  The pump motor is the problem.  I took it apart and 3 out of 4 brushes were stuck in their holders not touching the armature.  Looks like caused from heat.  I would try to repair but just don't want the problems down the road.

Thanks to...

Reply #6
Hi All,
  The pump motor is the problem.  I took it apart and 3 out of 4 brushes were stuck in their holders not touching the armature.  Looks like caused from heat.  I would try to repair but...

Reply #7
Over heating will result in a weakening of spring tension on the brushes which could be the reason that the brushes are hanging up in the brush holders.  The HWH manual talks about operating conditions that may cause over heating.  I would call...

Reply #8
Hi toolMan & Fritz,
  The problem was not  caused by lack of use, I use the jacks all the time, even at home.  The motor is in good shape looking at it.  Three out of four brushes are not moving in and out of holders.  They are so tight, I use a...

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
It looks like to me you need new brushes and it looks like you can get new brush holders and brushes. I would see if they are available
clean the commutator put new brushes in and you should be good to go.

Reply #10
It would be good for you to understand the reason for over heating.  It could be too long of sustained operation or operating the pump when battery voltage is low.   A low battery voltage will increase the operating current which means that it...

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
When I look at your pictures it looks like your brushes are worn out and the commutator looks like the brushes were not touching
properly, worn brushes. It doesn't look like over heating. Those 2 bolts 8.8 if they are removed the brushes and the...

Reply #12
I don't know what happened here, but I sanded the edges of the brushes and got them to slide easly in and out of the holders.  Light sanding on commutator.  Put it back together and the HWH system works fine.  I also ordered a new motor for $73...

Reply #13
That chocolate brown color is good for a motor commutator.  The pitting not so much so.  It sounds like the brushes were too tight in the holders from the get go.

https://www.foreforums.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=39564.0;attach=95588;image

Reply #14
I use a red scotch cloth to resurface the commutator ring