Skip to main content

Topic: Freon leak (Read 181 times) previous topic - next topic

• [*][*][*]
Freon leak
Are there any common places where freon may leak out. I have in a shop where they put in a new compressor last year. It was ok then but most of it leaked out and they can't find where it came out of.

Re: Freon leak
Reply #1
If it is a good shop they should have one of these. I use one besides the dye leak detector. I have found many leaks in A/C units with both systems.

ROBINAIR Leak Detector, Adjustable Sensitivity Level - 473F78|LD3 - Grainger

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Reply #2
The last leak I had was at the fitting connecting the hose. They had to cut the hose and crimp on a new fitting.

Reply #3
You would think a reputable shop would throw in some dye along with a new compressor in case the system leaks down...........as well as having a halogen detector.

Reply #4
I have found the switch on the drier leaking on several and also the line from the compressor to the condenser.

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
If you can't find the leak, try a can of this stuff. It worked on my Foretravel and on a car. I think I got the idea from someone here.
Red Angel

jor

Reply #6
If you can't find the leak, try a can of this stuff. It worked on my Foretravel and on a car. I think I got the idea from someone here.
Red Angel

jor
I just stopped a leak in a 1963 Studebaker Hawk with...