Skip to main content

Topic: Hydraulic fan controller replacement  (Read 322 times) previous topic - next topic

Hydraulic fan controller replacement
I've read a few things about replacing the hydraulic fan controller. Seems like I've read somewhere that some people replace them with the old wax capsule kind and It seems like I've read where somebody had gotten it rebuilt.

Is there a way to...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Hydraulic fan controller replacement
Reply #1
The replacement of a low/high electric fan controller with the wax capsule type from source engineering in Oregon is more reliable and has a variable fan speed that can lower the 60hp lost from being on high constantly.

Reply #2
Does the wax one install similar to the electric one? What is price comparison?

Reply #3
SourceRV.com
DJ google that website I didn't get mine from them I just found one on ebay.  They sell the whole kit, then you have to take the metal water line off so you can weld a nipple in the line to screw the wax valve into.  I think I had...

Reply #4
The dynamatic fan controllers are specific for the temps.  Part number has no connection to the temp curve built in.

Good deal if you found the correct unit. 

Reply #5
SourceRV.com
DJ google that website I didn't get mine from them I just found one on ebay.  They sell the whole kit, then you have to take the metal water line off so you can weld a nipple in...

Reply #6
 Part number has no connection to the temp curve built in.

The Engineer I talked to sent me a list with part numbers and their correlating  temps
Chris

Reply #7
I called Source Engineering. Great help on info and doing it right. I'd say call them and get an opinion before starting.

Reply #8
Noticeable difference in throttle response, mpg and low rpm power