Skip to main content
Topic: Fuel & water fuel separator filters Kubota 10K (Read 383 times) previous topic - next topic

Fuel & water fuel separator filters Kubota 10K

I have a Kubota 10K generator. The prior owner told me to always use a Kubota fuel filter part #15221-43170. Has anyone used anything other than a Kubota filter? any issues with other fuel filters? I have not been able to find the micron rating for the Kubota fuel filter does anyone know what it is?

I also have a fuel/water separator filter on the generator and just changed the filter on it. It had a Racor R12T but i could not find one so i put a Napa Gold 3583. this is a ten micron as is the R12T. The fuel bowl would not drain yesterday when i tried and i found a "mucus plug " obstructing the drain opening today when i cleaned it.
How often should the fuel water separator filter be changed?
Can i use a smaller micron filter, like the R12S ( 2 micron) from Racor or is that to fine?

thanks
frank

Frank & Daisy
NO LONGER  "looking for the perfect Foretravel
36' or less non slide preferred."  She has been found and is ours.
2003 U320 36' non slide  Unit 6103
Cummins ISM 450
Allison 4000MH

Re: Fuel & water fuel separator filters Kubota 10K

Reply #1
Question one
Why not use a Kubota filter?  One of the only times that I couldn't get a Wix filter to seat properly was on the Kubota.  Just my experience.

Reply #2
Hi Travelin man,
Just looking for alternatives, i'm currently in southern Alabama and the kubota dealer only had one in stock. I ordered 4 more about 10 days ago and they just got in. Don't want to get caught without a filter and that's why i'm looking for a viable alternative, just in case.
The Napa dealer here doesn't even have a good supply, one of each...

Frank & Daisy
NO LONGER  "looking for the perfect Foretravel
36' or less non slide preferred."  She has been found and is ours.
2003 U320 36' non slide  Unit 6103
Cummins ISM 450
Allison 4000MH

Reply #3
Gotcha.

Reply #4
I have a Kubota 10K generator. The prior owner told me to always use a Kubota fuel filter part #15221-43170. Has anyone used anything other than a Kubota filter? any issues with other fuel filters? I have not been able to find the micron rating for the Kubota fuel filter does anyone know what it is?

I also have a fuel/water separator filter on the generator and just changed the filter on it. It had a Racor R12T but i could not find one so i put a Napa Gold 3583. this is a ten micron as is the R12T. The fuel bowl would not drain yesterday when i tried and i found a "mucus plug " obstructing the drain opening today when i cleaned it.
How often should the fuel water separator filter be changed?
Can i use a smaller micron filter, like the R12S ( 2 micron) from Racor or is that to fine?
thanks
frank
Back in the '70s when I started importing cars, the U.S. diesel fuel was terrible. Lots of dirt and algae. I installed Racor 200 filters in all the cars with the 2 micron cartridge. 2 micron filters do a great job but they plug faster. The newer common rail injection systems take a fine filter like the 2 micron.

NAPA filters are made by WIX. Unless it has a defect, it should seat as well as a Kubota filter.

You can find the little see through primary filters anywhere including Walmart, Autozone, NAPA, etc. They come in different shapes and are cheap. They work for diesel or gasoline.

Pierce
Pierce and Gaylie Stewart
'93 U300/36 WTBI
Detroit 6V-92TA Jake
1140 watts on the roof
SBFD (ret)

Reply #5
I use Baldwin for everything but the engine oil. Use a Cat one for that.
No issues with 10K Kabota
Wix rated every high. I use them on my race car.
Cheers
Chris and Tammy White  CDA Idaho
Previous owners 1997 U295 36' 3126 Cat 300 HP Build # 4998
Former Foretravel tech & RVIA certified tech
Former owner Custom Satellite home/RV satellites 
Former owner Vans LTD  van conversions
Unemployed, panhandler, drag racer NHRA #6348

Reply #6
P.S.  I use Wix and NAPA Gold on almost everything I maintain for quality and ease of procurement.  Only had bad luck with the Kubota application.

Reply #7
I replaced mine this week, used a Fleetguard oil and Donaldson fuel. The current filter where the Racor 12T is located is a Baldwin, didn't replace it cause the coach wasn't blocked up..  started and ran fine after change.

Keith
The selected media item is not currently available.Keith & Jo
2003 U320T 4025 PBBS Designer series
Build 6203    Cummins 500hp
2000 U320 4010 WTFE / Build 5762 —Sold—
Motorcade #18070   
Pasadena, Texas
2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara-Sunset Orange pearl coat
Don't argue with a fool, people watching might not be able to tell the difference.