Skip to main content
Topic: Charging/Solar Parts Likely to Become Available (Read 815 times) previous topic - next topic

Charging/Solar Parts Likely to Become Available

Sometime between now and year end we will be doing a series of mods to our charging/solar system.  As a result I will have the following parts available that are all in fine working condition:

1.  Xantrex Freedom Pure Sine SW3012 12v 3000W Inverter/Charger (including Xanbus Interior Control panel) (new around $1700)
2.  Outback FLEXmax 80 amp MPPT charge controller (new around $400)

Its also possible that we may also have our two 320w solar panels available depending on the final design of the solar upgrade as well as our working Leece Neville 130w alternator.

Also willing to throw in at no cost our 3 - 225ah Gell 8d batteries (4-5 years old)  and any cabling not needed from removal of parts.

These will be available for Florida pickup only.

Happy for you to contact me by PM if you're interested.  I"ll contact folks in the order of receipt of your interest.  No obligation to purchase til parts are out and final pricing is agreed.  Not sure about pricing but most likely no more than 1/2 of what they would cost to buy new.

Thanks

Randy
Randy (N4TDT) and Karen Crete
Sarasota, Florida
2000 U270 34' WTFE Build 5756 "Ole Red"
Follow Us: Login • Instagram  Camping for the Rest of Life – It does not matter how slowly you go so long you don't stop

Re: Charging/Solar Parts Likely to Become Available

Reply #1
Just posted our 2-Suniva 72 cell, 320w solar panels and Outback Flexmax 800 solar controller in Classifieds.  Available in Nacogdoches 7/20-23 or along I10 corridor as we travel to and from Xtreme to have our top redone.  Good working condition....making way for redesigned system.

Thanks

Randy
Sarasota, Florida
Follow Us: Login • Instagram  Camping for the Rest of Life – It does not matter how slowly you go so long you don't stop

Reply #2
Camped out a Xtreme..actually using their furnished apartment onsite provided,  by advance reservation only, at no charge to customers.  Greg and Rance consulted on roof job and were great to go over entire vehicle "typical" exterior body issues. All good there.

After discussion of using Tempcoat or their 2 part paint/clear with ground glass changed my mind to go with the later.  Solar panels, and mounting rails, were removed along with vent covers. Too was cleaned and holes from rails and previously removed devices, eg, satellite, were then properly fix d with fiberglass resin and shredded or matt class.  After fiberglass cured these spots were ground flush.

Tomorrow painting begins...2 coats...will update when I know more tomorrow.

These folks are first class, IMHO.

FYI, Prior to COVID they were fully booked through Sept 2020 but in March, everyone cancelled!  There was one full body paint in the shop and a couple of repairs.  Good time for stopping by for work.
Sarasota, Florida

Reply #3
Update - almost done.
Sarasota, Florida

Reply #4
Nice Randy!
Joe & Dottie Allen
Sold!  December 2023.      2000 U320; build # 5645
Our coach " Maxine"
Motorcade #  15922;  Escapee 150950; FMCA F330833; Boondockers Welcome;  Harvest Hosts;  Thousand Trails
'98 U320 from 2000-'06
USAF '62-'66

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." ―Epicurus

Reply #5
Pristine!  Like that XM antenna up front...  ;)
Jeff & Kristen
2002 U320 build #6039
Living the Dream!

Reply #6
I think your Leece Neville alternator is a 130 AMP, not a 130 WATT.
Nitehawk,  Demolition Lady, & our NEW master, Zippy the speeding BB cat.
1989 Grand Villa 36' ORED
Oshkosh chassis, 8.2 DD V8
2006 Saturn Vue AWD

Reply #7
Can you use VHB tape for your new panels on the painted roof or will you have to screw them down?

Reply #8
Can you use VHB tape for your new panels on the painted roof or will you have to screw them down?

Randy, your roof looks great, and will last a long time.

My roof was done by Xtreme in 2004, 16 yrs ago,  with white reduced slip coating, have had solar for 3 years with only 3M vhb 4950 tape holding them down.

See reply #7, with pictures.
Roof Fiberglass & Gelcoat at Marine Repair
97 U295 40, Build #5040, 6C8.3 325 HP
Oregon Continuous Traveler
Samsung Residential #RF20HFENBSR,
Xantrex SW2012, (3)AGM8D Hse, (2)AGM Grp24 Eng, Victron BMV-712, 1800w Solar 4 LG & 2 Sunpower
Extreme Full Body Pt w/hdlmps, new furn/floor, 4 down Lexus 2004 GX470 AWD curb weight 4,740 lbs
Prev: 1990 Barth, 10L 300 2 yrs; 91&92 Monaco Signature, 10 yrs, 10L C 300 &  6C8.3 300; 1997 ForeT 6C8.3 325 since May 2017.  Employed by Guaranty RV 14+ yrs.  Former VW New Car Dlr/Service Dlr, Sales Mgr, Rv Sales, and Service Adviser from 1968-2017
"Don't criticize what you can't understand" Bob Dylan