Skip to main content

Topic: Help! Room won't retract (Read 457 times) previous topic - next topic

Help! Room won't retract
Hey all,

Having a problem with my room as it won't retract.  Hydraulic motor is running, fluid level is ok (was low, but I added fluid).  Worked fine on Sunday when I extended it.  The red light comes on as soon as I hit the extend/retract...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Help! Room won't retract
Reply #1
Make sure the bladder has retracted. You should be able to see light at the upper corners and front and rear edges of the LR slide.  Visually confirm every time you move the slide.  I think your picture indicates the pins have released. 

You...

• AC7880
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Do you have a HWH reset switch at drivers left arm?  Used it yet?

• hdff
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
My 2000 did not

Reply #4

Not seeing anything like that.  Is there a way to manually reset the system?

Reply #5
Make sure the bladder has retracted. You should be able to see light at the upper corners and front and rear edges of the LR slide.  Visually confirm every time you move the slide. ...

Reply #6
Following the procedures in the owners manual, I opened the four valves then attempted to use a come-along on the prescribed hooks.  Unfortunately, that just bent the hooks.  After that, I rounded up 5 guys and we were able to push it in.  Closed...

Reply #7
Hope you got your problem resolved. Sure makes your heart race when the slide won't come in. We have been working on slide problems on 2002 U320 since we bought it in December. Sent boxes in basement in to HWH. Replaced locks, replaced sensor...

Reply #8
Dan,

I hope you figure it out soon. Where is that box with the indicator lights located in your coach?  I have an 02 made Oct 01and I have not come across a box like that. Those indicator lights sure would have been helpful when working Out my...

Reply #9
Eric,

On an 02, the lights are located in a box mounted on the RightSide of the top center rail In the main ps storage bay.  ( at least on mine).  The boxes/boards are stacked several deep and the one with the lights is not the first one you can...

Reply #10
I am somewhat familiar with the boxes you speak of. I had to remove the main one and send it to HWH for repair. They did not put the stacks back together and the harness would not reach. I had to take it apart and rotate the pieces.

I was hoping...

Reply #11
I had a similar issue on my coach and it ended up being my house batteries would not produce enough volts/amps to actuate the solenoids. Replaced batteries and it resolved the issue. Prior to installation of new batteries I would run the...