Skip to main content

Topic: Bluefire monitoring for Ipad (Read 1174 times) previous topic - next topic

Bluefire monitoring for Ipad
I am currently working on the final setup for my dash in bluefire.  Would love to hear from everyone that has any experience utilizing this system.  So far it seems to do as I expected it to.  There are a few things that are not monitored as the...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.
  • Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 12:45:14 am by pressuresolutions

Re: Bluefire monitoring for Ipad
Reply #1
I have both the VMSPC and BlueFire.  Both are very good but VMSPC wasn't able to deal with some bad data packets coming from my ECM.  SilverLeaf tech support is good as well, but they told me that the data issue needed to be resolved on my side. ...

Reply #2
Wireless to my iPad.    Fantastic.  Much easier to use my Ram mount on the window shade pillar next to my drivers window shade.  Low out of my direct sight.  Thank you for the info

Reply #3
Looks really promising so far and thanks for the above information. I went to their site but can't seem to find any information there or on their forum if it works on Detroit DDEC engines. Anyone help here?

Looks like someone has finally made it...

Reply #4
Looks really promising so far and thanks for the above information. I went to their site but can't seem to find any information there or on their forum if it works on Detroit DDEC...

• Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 11:54:56 am by Hans&Marjet

Reply #5
Here are more photos of the finished setups for the old gal.  Really pleased with how it's turned out.

Reply #6
Looks really good. Nice job! I understand you can email the template to other owners once you design yours? I see they are going to offer a Mac version soon.

Pierce

Reply #7
That's correct you can share your custom dashes

Reply #8
It does take a little time to learn what your coach has to monitor but once you get the hang of it all it's pretty easy. 

Reply #9
You will only be able to monitor what your ECM allows you to monitor and some do not have all the systems monitored

Reply #10
I'm impressed.   That is a nice setup.

Reply #11
Plus, it is wireless bluetooth to Android, Apple, Windows 10 and soon, Macs. Free app also with demo mode. Buy adapter at Amazon. See all information at: BlueFire LLC

Could trade templates like baseball cards. :))

Pierce

• OSIN
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #12
    I am currently working on the final setup for my dash in bluefire.  Would love to hear from everyone that has any experience utilizing this system.  So far it seems to do as I expected...

Reply #13
    Both receive the exact same data from your databus.  I don't think there's anything that one measures that the other does not.

I used the Silverleaf for years and have now been using Bluefire for about a year.  In my opinion, the only advantage to...

Reply #14
    I understand now the new version as of yesterday now will do Detroit diesel.

• OSIN
    • [*][*][*]
    Reply #15
    Both receive the exact same data from your databus.  I don't think there's anything that one measures that the other does not.

I used the Silverleaf for years and have now been using Bluefire for...

• OSIN
    • [*][*][*]
    Reply #16
    Here are more photos of the finished setups for the old gal.  Really pleased with how it's turned out.
    Love that ipad mount you are using, is this a RAM Mount, or other?

Reply #17
    Mark...can you share that template ...?? I downloaded a custom dash from Bluefire...

• dsd
    • [*][*][*][*]
    Reply #18
    if purchasing direct from Bluefire use AMAZON in discount code to receive 19 dollars off the price
    Scott

Reply #19
    Send me an email and I will send you a copy of my dash setup

Reply #20
    Yes it's a ram mount

• Keith and Joyce
    • [*][*][*][*][*]
    Reply #21
    As an aside to this when we would set up the rallye cars years ago back home we would turn all the gauges so that when everything was operating normally all the needles pointed straight up.  Looked weird at first.  All one had to do was glance at...

Reply #22
    Same as an F18 cockpit I sat in

Reply #23
    I looked at Bob Rozens electronic dash he installed in his 97 U320 coach closely when I bought his complete dash set a few years ago.  I agree with roger that it required/enticed you to look down too much. 

I really appreciate the thought that...

Reply #24
    Roger make a good point. Round gauges take up and waste a lot of space. Horizontal or vertical orientation give the most information in a limited space. I think Bluefire may also be able to do horizontal and vertical displays.

I fly with an engine...