Skip to main content
Topic: looking for spare wires (Read 392 times) previous topic - next topic

looking for spare wires

According to the Foretravel manual I am supposed to have 3 spare wires going from the ECU to the middle of the dash.
They are Ex1 - 25034
              EX2 - 25034
              EX3 - 25034  Any body know how to find them
Peter and Frieda Morin
1999 36ft. U320 Foretravel
Build # 5436
1998 Suzuki Sidekick Sport

Re: looking for spare wires

Reply #1
Have you found them at the ECU or at the dash?  If so you could go to Home Depot and buy a toner to trace out the wire.
2014 ih45  (4th Foretravel owned)
 1997 36' U295 Sold in 2020, owned for 19 years
  U240 36' Sold to insurance company after melting in garage fire
    33' Foretravel on Dodge Chassis  Sold very long time ago

Reply #2
They are Ex1 - 25034
              EX2 - 25034
              EX3 - 25034  Any body know how to find them

These photos are a little difficult to make out but they show those extras on my 97. They are on the far left of the dash. In the photos we are looking directly down into the dash area. You may be able to see them by simply lifting the dash cover or you may have to remove the upholstered flat piece of dash just ahead of the shifter.
jor

Reply #3
These photos are a little difficult to make out but they show those extras on my 97. They are on the far left of the dash. In the photos we are looking directly down into the dash area. You may be able to see them by simply lifting the dash cover or you may have to remove the upholstered flat piece of dash just ahead of the shifter.
jor

Same as our 97. But 3 I believe run to the overhead, the rest run to the back. You can drop the belly pan in the middle bay, find them, and tap into them. Did that to install power locks on the comp doors.
Chris and Tammy White  CDA Idaho
Previous owners 1997 U295 36' 3126 Cat 300 HP Build # 4998
Former Foretravel tech & RVIA certified tech
Former owner Custom Satellite home/RV satellites 
Former owner Vans LTD  van conversions
Unemployed, panhandler, drag racer NHRA #6348

Reply #4
I have found all the spares that go up top and to the rear. I have a tone tracer. Its just the ones according to the book that go from the
middle dash to the ECU. There is supposed to be 3 wires.
Peter and Frieda Morin
Build # 5436

Reply #5
Maybe my coach doesn't have them. I used 2 from the rear of the coach, so everything is good. Thanks for the help.
Peter and Frieda Morin
Build # 5436