Skip to main content

Topic: Residential Refrigerator replacement on our 2005 U270 (Read 621 times) previous topic - next topic

Residential Refrigerator replacement on our 2005 U270
We just replaced our original RV type refrigerator in our coach with a new Samsung 17.5 cu ft residential French Door refrigerator with ice maker, model # RF18HFENBSR.  We had the work done by RV Outfitters of Texas a division of Motorhomes of...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Residential Refrigerator replacement on our 2005 U270
Reply #1
Looks good

Reply #2
Congratulations! Installing our Samsung Rf18 was one of the best upgrades we have done.

Reply #3
If you don't mind me asking, what was the cost to do that?
Thank you,

Reply #4
Frank, it looks like they did a very nice job.  You will need something to keep the doors/drawer closed. We used a velcro strap on the upper door handles and a common sliding door latch for the freezer drawer.  Use 3M VHB tape on the part that...

Reply #5
He already has the Fridge Fixer latch.  You can barely see it between the freezer drawer and fridge doors, with the insert portion stuck to the right side fridge door.  I started out using the marine latches but they caused my freezer drawer to...

Reply #6
Oh, I see it.  Thanks for pointing it out.  I have never seen one in person.  We have had no twisting issues with the freezer drawer latch. The latch was about $6 and the Velcro strap was something I had. We can open the fridge doors while...

Reply #7
The cabinet maker that did the install made this horseshoe for us, works great while traveling. We had the Samsung 19.5 installed, similar dimensions to the 17.5, just a couple inches deeper.  It actually makes a difference when storing a plate...

Reply #8
The cabinet maker that did the install made this horseshoe for us, works great while traveling.
We secure our Samsung doors like Jack.  Has worked perfectly for 5+ years.  No noticeable...

Reply #9
Thanks for all the comments.  The cost of the refrigerator at this time ranges between $1100 and $1400 depending on when and where you buy it.  We bought ours at Lowes.  The installation cost ranges from $2000 to $2500.  Our installer has...

Reply #10
If that's not a Fridge Fixer latch then MOT has done a great job of copying it.  It looks exactly the same.

Reply #11
Looks like the door is pretty tight to the wall, does it open without any issues?

• hdff
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
Looks nice.. I have a new fridge on my wish list but I have electrical stuff in the doors under the fridge ( fuses,wires,fuse blocks relays). Did you have that down there? Did they move it?

Reply #13
Looks nice.. I have a new fridge on my wish list but I have electrical stuff in the doors under the fridge ( fuses,wires,fuse blocks relays). Did you have that down there? Did they move it?

Keith,
I...

Reply #14
Looks like the door is pretty tight to the wall, does it open without any issues?

Dave,
The doors open fine but the right side crisper drawer can not be removed but is otherwise useable.
Frank

Reply #15
He already has the Fridge Fixer latch.  You can barely see it between the freezer drawer and fridge doors, with the insert portion stuck to the right side fridge door.  I started out using the...

Reply #16
Had MOT install the fridge fixer yesterday. No more bungy cords.

Mike

• SteveB
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #17
Our 2003 U320 had the Intellitec lighting equipment installed below our old Dometic refer. When asked, Keith Davis at MOT said we couldn't install a full size residential frig in our coach. David Flanagan  at FOT said no problem - do it all the...