Skip to main content
Topic: refrigerator fuse (Read 358 times) previous topic - next topic

refrigerator fuse

I am trying to assist dsd with his coach, he is having trouble getting the refrigerator going--can't seem to get power to it
Question is there a 12v fuse in the back refrigerator  or somewhere else besides fuse box
Thanks
Chris
1999 U 320 DGFE
Build Number 5523
Chris & Elka Lang
In the field, Lonoke AR

Re: refrigerator fuse

Reply #1
The breaker is one of the manual reset breakers that are hid behind the fiberglass panel in the basement.  I think it is the top one on the left hand set of breakers.

Mike
Pamela & Mike 97 U 320

"It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters."

Reply #2
Back side of fridge there is a black plastic electrical box cover with 4 screws holding it on.. mine has 2 fuses on the panel under the cover.Thats on a Dometic.
Dub McBride 1996 270

Reply #3
Yep, outside there's a panel that can actually be easily undone with your finger, unscrew that.

If (after you get power restored) that fuse blows, the fridge should continue to work on propane. Be sure to tighten the fuse, if not tight, it can blow again (mine did) & if installed tightly & blows again, then it's a bit more complicated to get further in & replace that canister, which could happen with age. This is on an original Norcold unit. (I don't know the size of the fuse since my mobile techs took care of it).   
1997 U270 36' build #5128
Motorcade #17307
2014 Honda CRV, 2002 Ford Explorer XLT

~The trouble with trouble is it starts out as fun.

Reply #4
Found panel and open breaker. Could not reset. Put same size inline fuse and now have power at fridge. Runs on ac and gas. There was over a half tank of propane. Freezer is freezing since started last night (jumper cables)
Thanks everyone. Little bit closer and cold water.
Scott
Scott and Kim Davidson
If you're going to be dumb, you got to be tough.
DEGOIWKY
Don't ever get old, it will kill you
June 30, 2020
2001 U320 3610 Barn find
Build 5834