Skip to main content
Topic: Pictures for Earlier Post (Read 484 times) previous topic - next topic

Pictures for Earlier Post

This is the area giving me fits. I need some direction. 1993 Foretravel renovation
Craig & Jackie
1993 36ft Grand Villa
Unihome U-240 CAT 3116

Re: Pictures for Earlier Post

Reply #1
What are you wanting to do?

Many of us have addressed that area-- but the answer will depend on what you are putting in what area and if any furniture (i.e. the sofa) is being removed.
Brett Wolfe
EX: 1993 U240
Moderator, ForeForum 2001-
Moderator Diesel RV Club 2002-
Moderator, FMCA Forum 2009-2020
Chairman FMCA Technical Advisory Committee 2011-2020

Reply #2
Hey thank you for getting back to me. I have removed all of the carpet and the original Jackknife sofa is being replaced by one of the same length. I am going back with a plank flooring throughout. The picture shows the space between the forward platform and the original couch base?
Craig & Jackie
1993 36ft Grand Villa
Unihome U-240 CAT 3116

Reply #3
I just finished a new vinyl plank floor in my U280.  If you are asking about the area between sofa base and driver's pedestal, I finished it with vinyl plank short pieces.  I unscrewed sofa base from wall and floor, blocked it up and ran the flooring about 6 inches under front of sofa base.  It all came out fine. 

jk
Jack and Cathy
1992 U280 Unihome 36' Build #4034
Cummins 8.3 /  Allison MT647/ PacBrake
Apopka, FL / Barre Center, NY

Reply #4
For the area between front platform and sofa: Out of plywood, make an "L" with long horizontal section wide enough to span from front to sofa. Vertical section tall enough to allow horizontal part to clear the wires, hoses, etc.  Cover with carpet or tile.

For rest of sofa, remove sofa and extend new floor covering under sofa at least a few inches.
Brett Wolfe
EX: 1993 U240
Moderator, ForeForum 2001-
Moderator Diesel RV Club 2002-
Moderator, FMCA Forum 2009-2020
Chairman FMCA Technical Advisory Committee 2011-2020

Reply #5
Great!!  That was the direction I was heading but I was really hoping for confirmation that it was the way to go since it would seem like they just would have made the raised platform bigger to begin with. I really appreciate your advice and the input from Kimosabe99
Craig & Jackie
1993 36ft Grand Villa
Unihome U-240 CAT 3116