Skip to main content

Topic: Mason Bee Plugs in 6-Pack Exhaust Ports (Read 217 times) previous topic - next topic

Mason Bee Plugs in 6-Pack Exhaust Ports
Our coach has been parked for a while cuz of you-know-what.  It had been naturally settling lower on the suspension from gradual system air leakage.  Yesterday I noticed it was sitting kinda high on the right front corner.  Wanting to avoid the...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.
  • Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 08:31:50 am by Chuck & Jeannie

Re: Wasp Plug in 6-Pack
Reply #1
More Photos:

Reply #2
I've wondered about adding a sintered filter or something on the exhaust ports to prevent this but not sure if it will cause problems by restricting the exhaust.  Any thoughts?

Quickun Pneumatic Muffler Silencer, 1/4" Male Thread Brass Air Exhaust...

Reply #3
Chuck, I don't think that is a wasps nest or anything to do with wasps. That is a growth from a spore, I find those growths in tubes and small pipes on the property. It is a plant seed that grows in tight places.

Reply #4
I've wondered about adding a sintered filter or something on the exhaust ports to prevent this but not sure if it will cause problems by restricting the exhaust.  Any thoughts?

Quickun Pneumatic...

Reply #5
I think I may have found a explanation for the troublesome plugs in my 6-pack.  A Google search turned up some interesting info on Mason Bees.  See the article linked below.  Seems to fit what I found stuffed in the exhaust ports.  The waxy...

Re: Mason Bee Plugs in 6-Pack
Reply #6
I must have them too then. Never bothered the coach, but in other places on the property. I'll try to take a photo the next time I find one.