Skip to main content

Topic: Help! High Temp light on Generator  (Read 196 times) previous topic - next topic

Help! High Temp light on Generator
I am an hour from leaving and went to cool the coach down to make the wife happy.  Rookie mistake! I had the coach plugged in with 110 and I forgot to unplug before starting the generator. Not sure if that could be a cause of my issue.

Generator...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Help! High Temp light on Generator
Reply #1
Does your coach have generator radiator in front driver compartment? If so you should be able to see if fan is running. May be as simple as $7.00 run capacitor

Reply #2
Does your coach have generator radiator in front driver compartment? If so you should be able to see if fan is running. May be as simple as $7.00 run capacitor

Reply #3
The capacitor is on the back side of the fan. Fan assembly has to come out to replace capacitor.  You need to check to see if you have thrown a water pump belt before you pull  the fan.   Verify that the fan is getting power because you may have...

Reply #4
The capacitor is on the back side of the fan. Fan assembly has to come out to replace capacitor.  You need to check to see if you have thrown a water pump belt before you pull  the fan.  ...

Reply #5
Depending on which generator set up you have the fan is fed off the main generator breaker.  Some fans have a separate breaker that is mounted on the front of the control panel that feeds the fan.  On these units there is a jumper wire from the...

Reply #6
To add to what Mike said, if yours has a control box like this, check to ensure the small breaker is reset and toggle off/on the switch for the fan.  This is from a 1997, so yours might be different.

Reply #7
Seems as if I had some mud dobbers make a nest in the fan cage causing just enough resistance that the fan would not turn. Knocked it out and she took off.

Thank you everyone!

Reply #8
Seems as if I had some mud dobbers make a nest in the fan cage causing just enough resistance that the fan would not turn. Knocked it out and she took off.

Thank you everyone!
Gotta like those like...

Reply #9
Check fluid....Check petcock above thermostat (bleed for air).....circuit breaker is small button on front of control box.
John

• hdff
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
If the generator will run for a few minutes you should be able to tell if the fan is on. When it's cool open the petcock at the top of the radiator and see if coolant comes out. If it doesn't get a helper, open the petcock and SLOWLY pour coolant...