Skip to main content

Topic: Dometic Penguin 13,500 btu AC problem solved (Read 365 times) previous topic - next topic

Dometic Penguin 13,500 btu AC problem solved
Since I have owned this coach, I have not used rear AC much.  But it always worked when I needed it; until last Saturday.  I turned it on to cool, selected a lower temp and just had fan only.  No compressor action.  Thinking that this 28 year old...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Dometic Penguin 13,500 btu AC problem solved
Reply #1
Excellent demonstration of trouble shooting skills!  Congrats!

When you think about the abuse those old circuit boards take, both from the vibration of the compressor unit itself running, AND from bumping down thousands of miles of rough roads on...

Reply #2
What is that 3 or 4 trips up on the roof for a CB savings. I don't know. You must be a younger man than I.

Reply #3
Good News, a lot of time poor connections, poor grounds cause a lot of problems. Bad capacitors are also a problem that are easily repaired.  A good capacitance tester is not expensive and can save a lot of costly repairs.
Congratulation on your...

Reply #4
What is that 3 or 4 trips up on the roof for a CB savings. I don't know. You must be a younger man than I.

It was three trips, Larry.  At 71, I've decided I'll wear these old joints out rather than...

Reply #5
At 71, I've decided I'll wear these old joints out rather than "rust away".
That's the spirit!  Use it or lose it.    b^.^d

Anyway, yer still a youngster!  At 74.5 years young, I can still scamper up...

• nitehawk
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
Here I thought all you guys were older than me!
I'll be 78 this coming Saturday. Managed to play softball until I was 64 and collected 16 MVP trophies along the way.
Now my body is demanding pay up time.

Reply #7
At 76 I've just had a shoulder replaced and am heading to one hip and both knees replaced yet this year. Too much "scampering" and thinking I was invincincible for too long.   :help:

Reply #8
Ok, back to A.C. problem. My rear A.C. kicks on and off as it should, however the blower motor only runs when the compressor is running or when the fan switch is set to a specific speed or auto. The blower motor fan used to continue to run for a...

Reply #9
Ok, back to A.C. problem. My rear A.C. kicks on and off as it should, however the blower motor only runs when the compressor is running or when the fan switch is set to a specific speed or...

Reply #10
Gerry said:

Ok, back to A.C. problem. My rear A.C. kicks on and off as it should, however the blower motor only runs when the compressor is running or when the fan switch is set to a specific speed or auto. The blower motor fan used to continue to...