Skip to main content

Topic: New Problem not making the wife very happy! (Read 462 times) previous topic - next topic

New Problem not making the wife very happy!
After all the help and problem solving yesterday with the generator faulting that was fixed.  Hit the road late and things started warming up, literally!

I do not have functioning dash air so I simply planned to run the generator and the roof top...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: New Problem not making the wife very happy!
Reply #1
Could be mud dauber inside squirrel cage causing vibration.  If it now rubs on something,  I've even seen the squirrel cage broken.
https://youtu.be/7I9mNK7btVE

Reply #2
Grainger which is everywhere would have the parts. They are not the cheapest, most time, but seem to have these type of parts.

Is just the fan blade jumping round since the bearing on the motor bad or bracket for motor broken.  When you were up...

Reply #3
Could be mud dauber inside squirrel cage causing vibration.  If it now rubs on something,  I've even seen the squirrel cage broken.
https://youtu.be/7I9mNK7btVE
That was what I was hoping for but...

Reply #4
Could be unbalanced by mud dubbers nest.

Could be a broken motor mount (really depends on brand and how motor is secured to the unit).

Reply #5
Grainger which is everywhere would have the parts. They are not the cheapest, most time, but seem to have these type of parts.

Is just the fan blade jumping round since the bearing on the motor...

Reply #6
Could be unbalanced by mud dubbers nest.

Could be a broken motor mount (really depends on brand and how motor is secured to the unit).
The mount is 4 attachments with bushings. They were not really...

Reply #7
I agree with the rest. Look for a mud dobber on the fan blade.  You would not feel it when turning the fan over by hand but when it got to speed it would jump all over.  Might be kind of hard to get to it or see it.

Reply #8
The mount is 4 attachments with bushings. They were not really tight so I tightened hoping that would be enough and it was not. Pulling the fan motor looks like a pain in the rear! With shafts...

Reply #9
Last spring my rear AC wouldn't blow cold air and it sounded like the unit was trying to fly off the roof. Checked shafts, squirrel cage couldn't find anything. Finally got a small mirror and found the mud dauber nest. Cleaned it and all was good...

Reply #10
It sure sounds like the squirrel cage fan outside has mud daubers in it. Our rear ac on our 98 u295 did the exact same thing. Found the nest removed and no more jumping around.

• dsd
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
I cleaned a bunch of mud Dauber nest out of the both a/c unit smoothed right up. Bet this coach has thirty pounds of nests and wasp nests. My concern are the ones in the intake for the engine.
Scott

Reply #12
The reason we knew about the mud daubers is because most of us have been there