Skip to main content

Topic: How to Remove Valance over Dashboard (Read 187 times) previous topic - next topic

How to Remove Valance over Dashboard
We want to remove and re-cover the valance hanging underneath the cabinets above the driver. See picture below. I removed the six screws accessible from behind the valance, but the thing is still rocksolid in place. I can't find the screws that...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: How to Remove Valance over Dashboard
Reply #1
I couldn't figure out how to get mine off either.  I ended up making a 1/2" cherry cover that was about 1/2" taller from top to bottom and putting it over the existing valance.  Screwed it on from the backside.  Would also work with a new...

Reply #2
There is a false bottom in the overhead cabinets.  Maybe the screws are under that?

Reply #3
Randy,

I am not at my coach right now so I cannot look at my valance, so I'm not sure.  I think that it may be 20 years welded in place that has the vinyl stuck solid.  Have you tried to slide a putty knife or (non-sharp) dinner knife between the...

Reply #4
I took mine off and recovered it in ultraleather. Can't remember exactly what to do but it's sandwiched between the overhead cabinets and the frame. You have to almost remove the screws that hold the upper cabinets in place. There are also the...

Reply #5
There are screw in your tv cabinet attached to the valance.
John M.