Skip to main content
Topic: Getting rid of my central vac (Read 558 times) previous topic - next topic

Getting rid of my central vac

I removed our central vacuum, since we have no use for it and it takes up space (hose and basement piping/canister).  We prefer the Shark Rocket which has more power and a beater bar.
As impressed as a non owner might be with central vac, it's old technology, in my opinion.  If anyone is interested in it, let me know and I will only charge shipping from San Diego.
2000 U320 mid entry  #5688
2006 Jeep Liberty

USMCR retired
SDFD retired
FEMA US&R TF8

Re: Getting rid of my central vac

Reply #1
I kept the hose because it attaches to the rocket and I can use it to vacuum overhead compartments and other places.
1994 U280, Build 4490
Deming, NM.

Reply #2
We kept the vac because it's built in and doesn't hang as low as my inverter /charger does,, so it's not realy in the way .... yet.  I use it for the Jeep sometimes and the upholstery occasionally.
Robert and Susan Moe Sr.
 1995 36' 280 WTBI 8.3 3060r
 1200 watts on the roof, 720 Ah of lithium's
 Build # 4637. Motorcade # 17599
        FMCA  # 451505
        18  Wrangler JLUR

Reply #3
If you have a tile or LVT floor, you can convert the central vac intake with a "vacpan" that offers a super quick sweep and dispose point in the cabinet toe kick. My wife would fight you for hers! She uses the Shark in the carpeted areas.

Dirt DevilĀ® Central Vacuum Systems - VacPan Automatic Dustpan

Just a thought.
Alan & Gerri Ortiz
1996 U295 36 ft.
"Rocinante"
Hartwell, Georgia
1999 Subaru Forester
Build No. 4957 Motorcader 17399

Reply #4
Years ago I had owners buy central home vac power heads with the beater bar.  Separately plugged in.  Long hose.  Used the small wonders suction.  Maybe someone can research a current one?
"Riding and rejoicing"
Bob & Susan
1997 U320 40' Mid entry, build 5132,  wtbi ce27, 4th owner
2007 Solara convertible
2 prodeco tech outlaw ss electric bikes

1095 watts solar
08 Ls 460 and a sc430
2000 Ford F-250 superduty 4x4

Reply #5
Years ago I had owners buy central home vac power heads with the beater bar.  Separately plugged in.  Long hose.  Used the small wonders suction.  Maybe someone can research a current one?
I considered that, but we a have little red devil Tammy likes. I just put everything into storage, left the unit underneath. If we ever sell the coach, will be a closer.
Chris
Chris and Tammy White  CDA Idaho
Previous owners 1997 U295 36' 3126 Cat 300 HP Build # 4998
Former Foretravel tech & RVIA certified tech
Former owner Custom Satellite home/RV satellites 
Former owner Vans LTD  van conversions
Unemployed, panhandler, drag racer NHRA #6348