Skip to main content

Topic: Getting rid of my central vac (Read 187 times) previous topic - next topic

Getting rid of my central vac
I removed our central vacuum, since we have no use for it and it takes up space (hose and basement piping/canister).  We prefer the Shark Rocket which has more power and a beater bar.
As impressed as a non owner might be with central vac, it's old...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.
  • Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 10:08:51 am by Sven and Kristi

• Twig
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Getting rid of my central vac
Reply #1
I kept the hose because it attaches to the rocket and I can use it to vacuum overhead compartments and other places.

Reply #2
We kept the vac because it's built in and doesn't hang as low as my inverter /charger does,, so it's not realy in the way .... yet.  I use it for the Jeep sometimes and the upholstery occasionally.

Reply #3
If you have a tile or LVT floor, you can convert the central vac intake with a "vacpan" that offers a super quick sweep and dispose point in the cabinet toe kick. My wife would fight you for hers! She uses the Shark in the carpeted areas.

Dirt...

Reply #4
Years ago I had owners buy central home vac power heads with the beater bar.  Separately plugged in.  Long hose.  Used the small wonders suction.  Maybe someone can research a current one?

Reply #5
Years ago I had owners buy central home vac power heads with the beater bar.  Separately plugged in.  Long hose.  Used the small wonders suction.  Maybe someone can research a current one?
I...