Skip to main content

Topic: Progress on New Floor (Read 283 times) previous topic - next topic

Progress on New Floor
We are hip deep into our renovation efforts and just about got the floor knocked out over the weekend. Cut and fit...cut and fit...make some more cuts and fit.

Re: Progress on New Floor
Reply #1
Floating or glue down?

What product?

Reply #2
Floating with 1/4" exp space all around yet to be trimmed out with shoe molding

Reply #3
Smartcore Ultra in Blue Ridge Pine

• dsd
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
So Brett what would you prefer, float or glue? We have just finished ripping carpet out and actually purchased vinyl this afternoon. Ended going with glue down, but have only ever installed floating prior.
Scott

• dsd
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Thanks Craig, now my wife wants  to change Again!
Scott
Looks real good to me (yours)

Reply #6
So Brett what would you prefer, float or glue? We have just finished ripping carpet out and actually purchased vinyl this afternoon. Ended going with glue down, but have only ever installed floating...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Reply #7
Thanks Scott!!   Like Bret said....I found that with no slide the float or glue was a Ford or Chevy question when I used this forum to do some research ahead of the installation

Reply #8
So Brett what would you prefer, float or glue? We have just finished ripping carpet out and actually purchased vinyl this afternoon. Ended going with glue down, but have only ever installed floating...

Reply #9
Floating always seems like it's too easy, gotta be a catch.  But with these kind of endorsements why go with glue, the mess, the difficulty in removing floor if necessary etc.?

On the...

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
We've installed Karndean loose lay tile in two rigs. It's a little pricey but is a good product. Two of the photos show the top and bottom of one of the tiles and the other two show it in place in different rigs.
Karndean
jor

Reply #11
Yes with the floating floor the devil is in the details.  An expansion gap at all hard edges and trim to cover it.  I am planning on using a thin sheet of metal under my chair brackets to insure the floor isn't captured under the mounting...

Reply #12
We have Juncker's 7/8" thick solid white oak plank flooring in our house, about 2,000 sq ft.  It is an all floating install above an in-floor heated lightweight concrete sub floor. The wood flooring is continuous from one end if the house to the...

Reply #13
.  I am planning on using a thin sheet of metal under my chair brackets to insure the floor isn't captured under the mounting plates. 

Yes, I cut and drilled steel plate to go under chairs, ...