Skip to main content

Topic: Vacuum system (Read 267 times) previous topic - next topic

Vacuum system
Just bought a 1995 Gran Villa and I don't think the previous owner knew there was a vacuum system and there is no info in the manuals.  How can I determine the male/model and find a compatible hose.

Re: Vacuum system
Reply #1
If nothing else, call FT , Brad in parts. I would think the unit itself has a number somewhere

Reply #2
Look in the basement for the unit-- likely a Small Wonder vacuum.

Ask on the ForeForum-- others are ditching theirs and you may be able to get a hose from one of them.

Reply #3
Hey Fiwoods,

Welcome to the Forum.  Always glad to have new members.  If you'll tell us your location and what model GV you have, it will help us help you.

The OEM central vacuum in our '93 U280 was partly mounted in the cabinet under the fridge,...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Reply #4
Michelle recommended the Dyson v6, 3 years ago and I bought one immediately and it is a coach and house necessity now.

Dyson stick vac (split from vac cleaner)

Reply #5
I bought one for house. Now have 4 Dysons, all my kids have version 6, 8 or 10

Reply #6
I'm with everybody else. The hose is a pain and vac itself under-powered. Got a SharkVac and perfectly happy.

Reply #7
My coach has a built in Dirt Devil and I've never need it. It seems like a compromise in every way. We use a small Meile in the coach. We have two 11 year old labs. Shedding season coincides with camping season.  :))

The dirt devil is coming out...

• Twig
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
The search  feature works: Getting rid of my central vac

• Andy 2
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
Ours works great, bought new set of bags and made sure the lid was on correctly and bingo  ^.^d

Reply #10
I sure like my original and it's out of the way, under the floor in the bay, good suction and enough tools to get everything. Maybe mine has a turbo on it. Very powerful!

Reply #11
When I changed out my refrigerator I replaced all the flexible hose located under the fridge and into the storage bay with PVC pipe.
This made a big difference in the performance of the built in vacumn system.
Even though the built in system works...

Reply #12
I sure like my original and it's out of the way, under the floor in the bay, good suction and enough tools to get everything. Maybe mine has a turbo on it. Very powerful!

We like our original...