Skip to main content

Topic: Frigi-Cool Dash A/C - Pressure Switch? (Read 120 times) previous topic - next topic

Frigi-Cool Dash A/C - Pressure Switch?
Hi, I'm Colin.  Brand new here, and new owner of a '91 Grand Villa Cat 3208 Pusher UNI (Dinette floor plan).

I've just sprung a small leak in what I believe is the Freon Pressure Switch in the Frigi-Cool dash A/c unit.
Is there anywhere I can find...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Frigi-Cool Dash A/C - Pressure Switch?
Reply #1
See if there is a brand or part number on the part,most pressure switches can be removed without losing the freon,make sure that is your case,not sure on your last question but if that's the part that's leaking you have it pinpointed unless you...

Reply #2
That would be a standard high pressure switch for R-12. Your system might have been converted to r134a. You are going to lose the refrigerant when you replace the switch so you will be putting r134a back in it as r12 is way too expensive if you...

Reply #3
The R134a won't move as much heat as the R12 did but as craneman said, R12 is getting pricey.

That being said a direct conversion from R12 to R134a involves flushing the system to remove the old lubricating oil, changing the o-rings in any...

Reply #4
You can use Ester oil and not have the o ring or compressor problem. A good A/C shop will understand this.

Understanding the Differences Between A/C Compressor Oils - FJC Inc.

Reply #5
You can use Ester oil and not have the o ring or compressor problem. A good A/C shop will understand this.

Understanding the Differences Between A/C Compressor Oils - FJC Inc.

I've never liked the...

• stump
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
That would be a standard high pressure switch for R-12. Your system might have been converted to r134a. You are going to lose the refrigerant when you replace the switch
No you will not there is...

Reply #7
That would be a standard high pressure switch for R-12. Your system might have been converted to r134a. You are going to lose the refrigerant when...