Skip to main content

Topic: Grills (Read 438 times) previous topic - next topic

• bbeane
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Grills
Got my shiny powder coated grills back.

Re: Grills
Reply #1
Looks really good. What kind of money do they get for this type of work? How difficult to remove to have done?

Reply #2
With an electric driver, it takes less than a minute. Looks great! The whole rear quarter panel only takes five minutes or so depending on the dock light connection and the screws on the rubber flap between the radiator bottom and the fiberglass....

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

• bbeane
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Larry, just drill out rivets, I used u nuts and stainless bolts #6 I think to but them back. 250.00

Reply #4
Larry, just drill out rivets, I used u nuts and stainless bolts #6 I think to but them back. 250.00

Like you, I installed my CAC/radiator grill with screws so it could be easily removed for cooling...

• Dub
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Bargain at that price.. Like the look.

Reply #6
Thanks Bruce. If mine doesn't sell, I see that on my radar. Really makes it look good.

Larry

Reply #7
Bruce, were those white of silver before you had the work done? I like the way this looks.

Reply #8
Did mine last yr.

Reply #9
How was the existing paint dealt with?

• bbeane
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
They where white. They sandblast them to remove he old finish.

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
They sandblast them to remove he old finish.
I've got a big cabinet blaster but not big enough for those things. I also went black but just did some light sanding, followed by rattle can, followed by Rejex. Powder coating is better but this...

• bbeane
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
Looks good Jor.

• John Haygarth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
John. Does the plastic painted black not damage them due to black absorbing the sun etc. Breaking the plastic down faster?
The metal parts would be OK but just thinking about plastic ones.
Johnh

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
Does the plastic painted black not damage them due to black absorbing the sun etc. Breaking the plastic down faster?
Who knows! Not really a concern for me though.
jor

Reply #15
Bruce,
It looks great!  Looking to do mine in Florida.  Going for the powder coating.  Will be taking the entry step out to have it done also.

Jor,
The rattle can spray looks great also!

Nice job guys!
John M.

Reply #16
Started on mine about a week ago. Finished it today. I took the cheap way, sanded them down, applied flat black Krylon. The key thing to me was, drilling out the pop rivets and putting clip nuts and cap screws in place of. All the pop rivets were...

• bbeane
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
Started on mine about a week ago. Finished it today. I took the cheap way, sanded them down, applied flat black Krylon. The key thing to me was, drilling out the pop rivets and putting clip nuts and cap screws in place of. All the pop rivets were...

Reply #18
Crops look great....which is scary. Holler us up if your close and got time..

• bbeane
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
We'll be in Searcy for the 17th & 18th I'll give y'all a call.