Skip to main content

Topic: Generator Box Reconditioned (Read 516 times) previous topic - next topic

Generator Box Reconditioned
My generator box insulation was failing horribly, the deterioration was to the point I told the DW no more trips until it is repaired, guess what just became priority #1. My plan was to completely remove the generator, thank goodness for a...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Generator Box Reconditioned
Reply #1
Nice job!  Mine was done by the PO.  Do you notice a reduction in noise?  I find mine is fairly loud and would like to find a way to cut the noise.  Not a problem while driving but noisy when parked.

Reply #2
Do you notice a reduction in noise?  I find mine is fairly loud and would like to find a way to cut the noise.  Not a problem while driving but noisy when parked.
I didn't think there was any...

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
That thing looks sweet, Bill. Great job on the detail stuff.
jor

Reply #4
Bill,

Beautiful (and thorough) job.  I have the same coach, only 32 coaches younger on the assembly line.  I recently tore out the old failing insulation and replaced it with new.  I did not remove the generator and clean the compartment up as...

• dsd
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
When I was removing the carpet yesterday Foretravel had also installed thin soundproofing under the carpet for the drivers area. It was decomposing and I removed. My generator has the box but the soundproofing in it was also decomposing. I pulled...

Reply #6
Bill,

Beautiful (and thorough) job.  I have the same coach, only 32 coaches younger on the assembly line.  I recently tore out the old failing insulation and replaced it with new.  I did...

Reply #7
Good job.  Tractors come in handy (I used mine to remove radiator), but I as able to disassemble the cabinet when I replaced the insulation a few years ago. 

Reply #8
Great job. On the to do list this winter in Texas. Had my Generator fault yesterday, due to high temp I believe. Can't believe they didn't put in any gauges on these expensive items. Would be nice to monitor them from the coach. I have a big roll...

Reply #9
Come on, you just took a photo of a new unit as it was being built. Can't fool all of us!

Really nice job. Bet it took a while. +++++

Pierce

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
Don't forget,if you have the generator out,nows the time to change the end bearing,not that hard a job.

Reply #11
Bill & Marsha,
Nice Job!  A lot of work, but worth it.  We did our generator a few years ago when we replaced the pancake (generator head).  We also powder coated the tray in black.  Now for the engine area.  The goal is to make it fire proof as...

Reply #12
Bill & Marsha,
Nice Job!  A lot of work, but worth it.  We did our generator a few years ago when we replaced the pancake (generator head).  We also powder coated the tray in black.  Now for...

Reply #13

How much did it cost you to have the slide powder coated?

150 to blast and PC the two pieces.

Reply #14
Don't forget,if you have the generator out,nows the time to change the end bearing,not that hard a job.
Well I didn't forget however I didn't do it either, guess I didn't do enough research on all...

Reply #15
Bill,

After seeing your pristine motor mounts, I have mount envy!

I have a quiet box and replaced all the insulation without removing the generator. Any chance of replacing the motor mounts without removing the generator? I think I might be able...

Reply #16
I paid $150 also for sandblasting and powder coating.
John M.

Reply #17
One further question Bill.  Did you have to replace any of the bearings in the roll-out tray? 

Reply #18
One further question Bill.  Did you have to replace any of the bearings in the roll-out tray? 
I did not, cleaned them up really well and lubricated the best I could, they were really in...

Reply #19
Bill,

After seeing your pristine motor mounts, I have mount envy!

I have a quiet box and replaced all the insulation without removing the generator. Any chance of replacing the motor mounts...

Reply #20
Does your genny have excess vibration or have visible defects,
Bill,

I replaced the insulation because of the total failure of the OEM insulation. I removed the quiet box panels and...

Reply #21
Our non in box gen is fairly noticeable outside.  Minor hum inside.

Reply #22
Great job Bill & Marha!
Looks brand new.

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #23
Cleaned and soaked the tray bearings in oil,good as new.

• OSIN
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #24
100% Sweet - Nice COVID Project!